이십구 Sister

I arrive to the small village on horseback, the horse abruptly stops and I stare with shock as I watch all the soldiers surrounding the town...what the.

"Are they Goryeo soldiers?" Jin Yi asks as she eyes them all, she hops off her horse and Seondeok follows suit

"No," Seondeok says, I get off my horse too and I slowly approach the site. As I walk closer I notice the Princes are not tied or held by any force, "Wait this could be their men,"

"No way," I say as I lock eyes with Wang Yo, he watches me carefully and slowly shakes his head as if to tell me not to come closer, "stop," I instruct, Seondeok and JinYi pause in their tracks.

"What's wrong?" Seondeok asks, "we can take them,"

"Let's just wait for a moment," I say simply, surly enough the enemy soon shows themselves. I move my hand slowly towards my side where my sword is kept as I watch them appear.

"Long time no see bitch," JinYi says with a smirk, YeonHwa looks less than impressed and stares at us all with a false look of confidence

"Here to steal our prisoners?" Seondeok asks with a chuckle as she takes a step closer towards Yeonhwa, Yeonhwa smiles, is she serious? "Oh? Don't you realise how easy it is for me to kill you?"

"You think I came alone?" Yeonhwa asks simply, "Come out," she says simply, I watch with shock as Jang Geum appears in front of us.

"Unnie..." JinYi says as she watches her, "what are you doing?"

"Whatever it takes," Jang says in a determined voice before she draws her sword, Seondeok hesitantly draws hers out too but from the distraught look on her face I can tell she isn't planing on killing her.

"Whatever it takes?" I ask with a bittersweet laugh, "whatver is takes," I say again but with solidarity, letting her know I'm willing to follow with her ideology.

JinYis head turns towards me sharply as if she's seen a ghost, I ignore her look and focus back on Jang and YeonHwa. 

"What are you plans with our prisoners?" I ask strongly.

"To take them home of course, so that I can be the darling hero and become the Queen," YeonHwa says, "the prisoners are ours and we will return with them,"

"And what about you?" Seondeok asks, "if you go with her she won't give you what you want and you'll never be able to return home,"

"Mother is dead, my chances are gone. Now I must get the throne the dirty way," Jang says, "I'm sorry Nanseol but the position as Empress just doesn't suit you,"

"Get them," YeonHwa yells, upon her instructions our own fighters instantly run forwards with Seondeok leading them.

I use this opportunity to run off towards the village where I see the Princes standing in shock. I bet they don't know which side to fight on right now.

"Nanseol," I turn to see Wang Yo holding my arm, "We didn't plan her arrival but we will not fight against her,"

"So you declare neutrality?" I ask, he looks towards Wang Wook beside him who holds a stern look, "You're going to fight us?"

"No," Wang Yo says, "Why would we do that?" He asks slightly frustrated, "We'll just go with you, We can explain to YeonHwa that this isn't an actual prisoner situation,"

"You think I didn't figure that out?" I turn to see YeonHwa standing with a sword in her hand, behind her many soilders, "did you forget who my partner in crime was?"

Jang takes out her sword and gets into a position ready to fight, easily draw mine out too.

"You'll regret this," I warn, she doesn't seem to care or listen as she lunges forward. I easily dodge her and begin my own attack.

Everyone watches eagerly as he both continue our sword fight, I knock her down easily and fling my sword forward to wound her,
That's all I wanted.

Jang Geum POV

Nanseol lunges forward and knocks me back, unstable. I know she won't do much damage, I can tell from the look in her eyes.

She catches me off guard as she jumps forwards with her sword drawn, everything seems to go in slow motion as I watch her innocent round eyes come too close to mine momentarily.

The eyes I raised, the eyes of a child who used to beg me for candied fruits, a child who looked up to me, a child who slept in my room when she was afraid of the palace and it's big rules.

Before her sword touches me Wang Yo strongly grabs ahold of her and pulls her back into his arms, I watch the blade of her knife slice into his flesh instead of mine but I am not spared as I feel a sword enter my stomach from behind.

With my eyes still locked with Nanseols, I fall to the ground.

My vision blues for a moment but then comes back for a split second to which I see the face of the murder of my soul.

"JinYi?"

"JinYi?"

"죄송합니다 언니 (joesonhamnida, Unnie- Sorry (formal), Elder sister,"