서른 넷 The Killer You Are

(Character inclusive chapter so will be a lot of POV switches sorry)

"I'll see you around!" Hae-Soo calls as I leave her make-shift beauty salon, I smile and bow lightly before I turn to face the cold snow. Winter came early this year.

I walk through the twists and turns between the palace buildings as I make my way back towards Yo and I's room. I scrunch my nose as a piece of snow lands on my face, so cold.

"Empress?" I turn around upon hearing my name, I turn to see three men dressed in full black, Are they guards?

"Ye?" I ask confused by their presence, "Is something wrong?"

"No," oh? "But it is about to be-"

-

"I guess the rumours are true," One of them says as he approaches me, a helpless Empress currently tied to a giant rock, could this get any worse?

"And whats that?" I ask in a tired voice, seriously couldn't they do this another time? I have a fucking wedding to prepare for and I just had a face mask done.

"You've aged," he says with a smirk, "That's what a palace can do to you,"

"You should've ran while you had the chance," another man says, "You should thank us, we're not here to hurt you,"

"Ye?"

"Empress, we're here to free you before your wedding," what?

"You're what?" I asked confused, "Is this how you treat someone you're helping?"

"We know, Wang Yo would hurt you if you tried to escape so we felt this was the only way to save you,"

"Why would I need help from you?" I ask with a slight chuckle.

"To escape back to the wilderness, we're explorers too," he says as he drops his sword to the ground, "How could such a legendary traveler live such a confined life?"

"It's not," I say effortlessly, "Not when I'm with him,"

Despite my clear words, I can't help but feel a longing to be free, to live without constraints, to get back the mind I once possessed.

__________
Wang Yo POV

"Prince!" I turn my head, is that Seondeok? What's she doing here? "The Emp-"

"Prince Wang Yo!" I look the other way to see my main guard walk in at an alarming pace, "Your mother has been found dead,"

"Ye?" I ask with shock as I stand, "Dead?"

"Ye, she was found dead in her room. It appears she was murdered,"

"No way..." Seondeok says trailing off, I look towards her before I look back at my guard.

"Show me now," I say sternly.

"Prince wait this is urg-"

"Not now," I growl as I push her out of the way and continue following my guard to my mothers quarters.

Multiple other guards catch up and run behind us as we storm through the palace halls.

"How long ago did this happen?"

"We're not sure when or how-"

"HOW ARE YOU NOT SURE?" I yell as I draw my sword and stare down the random guard.

"Prince," he says calmly, "We tried our be-" without thinking I slash my weapon through his pathetic chest.

"Your best was not sufficient for my standards," I say sternly, I eye the other guards before I turn sharply and continue walking towards her bedroom.

___________
Seondeok POV

I let myself loosely fall as Wang Yo pushes me aside, did I hear that correct? Queen Yo is dead?

I quickly regain my balance and turn to watch the awakened beast power through the hall and away from the warmth of his room. Away from his missing wife.

"Princess, are you alright?" My main court lady asks as she runs up to me, I nod mindlessly.

"Princess? Is something wrong?" Wang Jung asks as he runs up to me, I turn to him to see a poorly wrapped gift in his hands, "I wanted to give this to my brother, did he leave?"

I look at his innocent eyes with a sense of sadness.

"He had something to take care of," I say in a distant voice, if the queen is dead...the last person in her room-no way.

"Are you sure you're alright? Is the wedding a shock for you?" He asks as he places a hand on my shoulder, "Nice shoulder pads," he says in a cheery voice suddenly as he pats them.

"Thanks," I say bluntly, I'm jealous of his naivety, "Did you happen to see anyone visit your mother?"

"No, no ones visited her today. I would know, I like to monitor the guards around her to make sure she's safe, why? Did you want to see her?"

"No, it's fine," I say simply.

If they didn't schedule themselves..their murder must've been planned.

Empress Nanseol where are you?