네 While I Lay

I lay on one of the couches in my room with a blanket layer over me, did I fall asleep? I open my eyes from the sounds of rustles outside, the wind must be strong tonight. I look at my clothing, I last remember drinking tea with Jin Yi, I must've dozed off.

The rustles become louder, what the fuck? I look towards the door, is it a court lady? I told them all to leave me alone at night, maybe one forgot something? The rustles turn into human shuffles, what the? I can tell its male now by the silhouette seen through the paper doors.

My eyes widen as I look at the door more intently.

Thats when the door opens to reveal the Third Prince-What the? I stay still, staring at him with wide eyes at first but then I quickly react and sit up quickly. He wears a smug smirk as he eyes me. 

"Did you not receive my letter?" He asks as he watches me with the same eyes of that of a wolf, "First you show up late, then you sneak out and now you ignore a Prince's request for visitation?"

"Prince Yo, it's late at night. Your visitation is completely inappropriate," I say formally even though its clear from my voice than I am intimidated. He steps closer with that same smirk, "If you're going to threaten me into staying quiet, I already forgot about it,"

"Are you sure?" He asks, "I bet thats the first time you've seen such powe-"

"Save it Prince, I've seen rituals set out against his majesty himself. A mere beating is nothing new for me," I say putting up a hand, "Now, unless you plan on joining me tonight, I suggest you retreat to your quarters,"

Oh my-is-is he stunned? He genuinely looks taken aback by my attitude.

"Ah, your highness," I add softly as I bow slightly. He huffs, clearly angered but I can tell he isn't an impulsive asshole, he's just moody.

"I'm glad we're on the same terms then," He says, I nod, "And Jung? What did he say to you?"

"He told me to avoid you and to never speak of what I saw again," I say, "Your Highness, are you dangerous?"

"Ye?" He asks surprised.

"I'm not used to Palace life so I decided to make a list of who's evil and who's good just to make life easier," He chuckles slightly, the low lighting highlights his cheekbones. You know, these Princes are seriously good looking. 

"Where do I fit?" He asks, less defensive now. He walks over towards the table in front of me, he looks at the paper with his furrowed brows, "O? Why is Jang evil?"

"She'll hit me if I don't go to my morning prayers," I say rolling my eyes, he scoffs, "It's evil to me,"

"Are you anti-region?" Surpsgnly he doesn't seem scared to say it, in fact he seems casual with the term. I, however, am not.

"No, I just don't like mornings.." I say, Jin Yi is anti-relgion but we keep that a secret from the Kings and ministers. Well, we keep a lot of her views secret as they align with those of western lands and small tribes out of ruled land.

"Princess Yeon-Hwa is evil?" He asks as he points to her name, he looks at me with a raised eyebrow-what does he like her or something?

"Of course," I say as if he's stupid, "She can't stand that more Princesses are here now, she almost went insane from Lady Hae-Soo alone, imagine four new Princesses," I explain, "It's alright, she's harmless,"

"Oh really?" He asks, now taking a seat on the chair opposite me, "Whys that?"

"She's powerless in comparison to us," I say, "Lets face it Prince, whats she going to do it Seondeok draws a sword to her neck? Or if Jang Geum conspires against her? Or if Jin Yi spread one single rumour about her throughout the palace," I can tell he doesn't like the way I talk about her, maybe he does like her.

"And what about you? Whats so scary about a girl who's good at running around a desert all day?" He asks testing me, I smirk.

"I don't just go out and do nothing, I find new land and claim it of course. I find new herbs, new weapons, new people-bottom line is that I love taking everything, I'm greedy like that. If I hate her enough I'll take everything she's ever loved, until she's left feeling useless and lost," 

Yo doesn't speak, I look up to see him looking at me like I'm crazy but he then laughs. I laugh too, I'm not joking but okay lets laugh it off.

"Now that I am certain you're not going to tell anyone, I will take my leave," He says standing.

"Finally," I say as I too stand, I should actually sleep on my bed, "Goodnight, your highness," I say as I bow, he hesitates but bows in return before leaving.