이십 Goodbye

"You can not save the Princesses," the king says, huh? My brothers and I kneel on the floor of the courtyard outside his quarters. He has just came out to speak to us, we were hoping for an instruction to go save them.

"Ye?" Wook asks confused, "Your highness, how could we not do our duties as Princes?"

"They are not our Princesses to save," the king says, they really are though? "They do not belong to our palace,"

"Your majesty!" Lady Hae Soo suddenly bursts, I look her way quickly to see her pleading eyes, "How could we abandon our guests? This could be a direct attack at the palace,"

"What would you know?" He asks, with that Wang So darts up as well, "Prince Wang!" He warns, I follow and stand tall as well.

"Your highness, please show your mercy, Princess Nanseol...Princess Nanseol is my lady," I say as I bow my head down, a few shocked noises can be heard and Wang Eun totally falls back in shock.

"Your lady?" He asks with a scoff, "If you all must know, the Princesses were captured under our ruling," Ye? I look directly up at the king with sharp eyes, "Princess Jang Geum was under suspicion of causing a revolt,"

"You arrested her under suspicion?" Wang Wook asks.

"No, I arrested her and all the Princesses because they have gone against the palace," The king says, "When Jang was confronted she denied all crimes. Her sister Nanseol, however-" Oh god what did you do Seol? You protected her, didn't you? "Poisoned the guards, Princess Seondeok then assassinated them,"

"Ye?" Jung asks.

"It was later found that Princess Jin Yi had stolen from the courtesan house and had stolen many critical pieces of our palace and culture, who knows what else she has taken,"

"This is complete treason..." I say aloud in shock.

"If they had just let us execute Princess Jang in peace, this would have never occurred," So thats why they did it, "If any of you leave this palace, I will make sure to execute not only you but those Princesses right in front of your eyes,"

With that he walks away, his assistants follow him. I look away in disgust, how dare they use her life as a threat?

NANSEOL POV

I fall to my knees easily, I cough the sand out of my mouth as I weakly look up at the sky. Wang Yo, I'm sorry. I have committed an irreversible crime, we can no longer live in harmony.

"Seol, we're not completely free yet, the escape was well done but we need to make it to a nearby village before we rest," Seondeok says as she lifts me up with her strength, she puts one arm around me to hoist me up and drags me alongside her.

"You fucking bitch," Jin Yi says with watery eyes as she looks at me, "I'm meant to be the useless one, don't you dare give up now, you're my idol,"

I look at her to see her looking at her reflection through her glass mirror, I then see Jang Geums defeated face also groggily trailing along. How much forest will we have to walk through before we reach a village?

I hear Seondeok wince, I look at her quickly, her arms still around me. She's wounded herself, I almost disassociate from myself for a moment as I notice their defeat and tiredness.

Someone needs to lead us and I know damn well its no longer Jang's role.

"Alright guys," I say as I fight for the last bit of energy, I push away from Seondeok and turn to the girls, "Theres a town right up ahead here, I've visited before and we will be safe there,"

"Seriously?" Jin Yi asks with hope, I nod.

"I promise,"