CHAPTER NINE; A PLAN WITH MIKAEL

chapter nine
( the frost )

chapter nine( the frost )

☆★

flashback

THERE WAS a campsite. A campsite filled with people, fire lit, tents made, and a boy in the forest nearby. "Come on, Henrik our brothers are fighting again!" a blonde yelled. Her hair was braided, a dress down to her feet.

The young boy followed, running after his sister. Ahead of the two were two boys, much older then Henrik; his brothers. One had long blonde hair and the other brunette, both of them were fighting, a smile on each face.

Henrik stopped beside his sister, smiling as the two swords clanked against each other, the brunette letting out a grunt. "Oh look, sister's arrive, to watch my fast approaching victory" the older boy bragged.

Henrik laughed, he looked up to his brothers, he wanted to be as strong as them when he grew up. Unfortunately, his attention span was short and he'd often wander off to find nature or plants, anything different.

The blonde smiled goofily, "On the contrary, Lijah" he began, throwing his sword into Elijah's. The two went back and forth for a moment, Esther and Mikael approaching. Niklaus sliced Elijah's belt, making it drop to the dirt ground, "I've come to laugh at you" he finished.

Rebekah and Henrik laughed, finding such a little accomplishment funny. "I knew you'd win, Nik!" Henrik flourished.

Niklaus chuckled, "You switch sides depending on who's winning every time, Rik" he reminded, ruffling up the boy's hair. "But I appreciate the vote of confidence" he added scrunching up his nose.

Esther, who was holding a barrel of water huffed, "Relax, Mikael. Niklaus means well" she commented, looking at Niklaus with fear in her eyes for how Mikael would react.

Mikael huffed, "That's precisely my problem" he grumbled, walking over to the boys. Quickly Rebekah and Henrik's smiles washed away when they realized what was about to come next. Their father could not stand to see Niklaus happy, and since he was almost always happy it resulted in constant abuse both mentally and physically all the time.

Esther looked at the ground, walking away. Mikael picked up Elijah's sword and swung it around once. "So, why don't you teach me that trick, young warrior," he said, circling around Niklaus.

Henrik gulped, Rebekah reached her arm out for the boy to hold and he shook his head. He didn't want to seem young and scared in front of his father.