CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN; MIKAELSON DEMISE . . .ALMOST

chapter twenty-seven
(the frost)

          TWENTY MINUTES after the brothers had left the Mystic Grill they had made it to the same spot in the woods Jack had remembered seeing

          TWENTY MINUTES after the brothers had left the Mystic Grill they had made it to the same spot in the woods Jack had remembered seeing. The ring of fire, everything was the same except Bonnie and her mom weren't there. Jack was panicking, he couldn't do anything someone was controlling him.

            who are you? Jack questioned, his voice echoing off through his mind.

            There was no response for a minute or two before he heard the quietness fade away, a dark, grim, and raw voice just like his spoke out. Only this version of his voice sounded evil.

             I'm the you you were afraid to become. And I'm the one that will kill these abominations you call family. The voice mocked.

              "My son's. Come forward" Esther said confidently. Finn was in the middle of the circle and urged her to come closer.

                "Stay beside me" Finn warned.

                 "It's okay. They can't enter" Esther stated.

         Kol was the first to try walking inside the circle of salt, but the flames rose and wouldn't let him enter. "That's lovely. We're stuck out here while the favourite son plays sacrificial lamb. How pathetic you are, Finn" he mocked.

         Esther held no expression, "Be quiet, Kol. Your brother knows virtue you cannot even imagine" she bragged.

          Elijah scoffed, looking around for a way in. "Whatever you think of us, killing your own children will be an atrocity" he said disgusted.

         Esther kept her smug expression, "My only regret is that I did not let you die a thousand years ago" she admitted.

      Klaus walked in front of Jack, "Enough. All this talk is boring me. End this now, Mother, or I'll send you back to Hell" he threatened.

       Esther stepped closer, "For a thousand years, I've been forced to watch you. Felt the pain of every victim, suffered while you shed blood. Even you, Elijah, with your claim to nobility, you're no better. All of you. You're a curse on this Earth. Stretched out over generations. If you've come to plead for your life, I'm sorry, you've wasted your time" she hissed. "Evenire" she chanted, and it was like a switch had been flipped.

         Before Jack could even understand what he was doing 'Jack' was walking towards the fire, and without difficulty he made it inside the ring of fire.

          "Jack no, what are you doing" Elijah yelled.

           "I'm doing what I was put here to do" Jack stated dryly. Then he looked over to Esther and nodded.