CHAPTER FORTY-ONE; I'M DONE WITH YOU, ELENA

chapter forty-one
(the frost)

     SCHOOL HAD seemed so mundane compared to everything that had happened

     SCHOOL HAD seemed so mundane compared to everything that had happened. After Rebekah had woken up good as new, still, no matter how many times Jack begged her she still forced him to go to school. He hadn't gone in four days. He still needed to pass Junior year if he wanted any chance at having a Senior year and graduating with a good education.

So here he was back at the high school that he hadn't missed. This place already felt like a ghost town, just like a memory. Jack was so ready to go if you told him to leave he'd be ready in a matter of seconds.

"Jack! Jack" Jaime shouted from behind him, he rushed to catch up with Jack.

Jack was tired, he was tired of all this blood and fighting. He just wanted his family, that was it. He wanted Jaime and his family and he wanted to leave everyone behind.

"Jaime, hey" Jack said tiredly, he hadn't got a good nights sleep in days. Paranoid his family would be killed while he did sleep.

Jaime sent him a warm smile, "I haven't seen you in forever, how are you?" he asked interested. It felt weird to Jack to have someone actually ask him how he was and actually want a real answer. He felt wanted.

Jack sighed, "Honestly? I've been so exhausted lately" he admitted. Every time he blinked he feared he'd fall asleep or pass out. Plus this heavy backpack didn't help. "How have you been?" he asked wanting to hear.

        Everything about Jaime fascinated him, the way he seemed to know who he was, seemed to be proud of who he was and wouldn't take shit from anybody.

Jaime reached out and grabbed Jack's hand, intertwining it with his. "It's been boring. I wanted to hangout with you on the weekend but you never answered" he said slightly upset.

Jack winced, he had seen Jaime's texts but with everything from Klaus and Kol being dead to Klaus coming back and no longer being able to create hybrids he hadn't replied. There was so much happening it all seemed to sneak up on him all at once.

"I know, I-I meant to reply but with everything happening and-" Jack paused. He wanted to tell Jaime everything so bad. He wanted Jaime to know every little detail about him that made Jack who he was. But he couldn't. Could he?

"And your brother being killed and brought back to life?" Jaime asked calmly.

Jack's head turned to him as the two walked down the hallway. "You know?" he asked confused. Who had told him? when had he known?

Jaime nodded, "I know this might sound crazy. But I haven't been completely honest with you and we've been getting closer so now I want to tell you. I'm ready to tell you" he admitted. "Come" he said pulling Jack along with him into an empty classroom.