CHAPTER FORTY-THREE; THE FIVE

!! mature content in this chapter !!

chapter forty-three
(the frost)

chapter forty-three(the frost)

     REJECTION. REBEKAH was rejected by Matt yet again. He rejected her attempt of an apology for running him and Elena off the bridge, the unfortunate part was that Jack and Klaus were sitting across at the bar seeing the whole exchange go down.

           "You're trying too hard" Klaus said putting down his glass that was previously filled with bourbon.

           Rebekah looked behind her and then walked over to the two brothers. "Last I heard you were leaving town, forever" she said with her arms crossed.

        Klaus raised a brow, "Well I was" he said getting up. Jack got Matt's attention and ordered another water. "but then I thought to myself how can I leave my little brother behind? especially when my sister, clearly so desperate for love and affection, is left here bribing the help" he smirked.

        "What do you want Nik? I thought I was dead to you" Rebekah quoted.

       Klaus sighed, "Things change Rebekah. I've stumbled upon something I think might be of interest to you" he explained.

        "Doubt that" Rebekah muttered.

         Jack stood up, interested in what Klaus was saying. The two hadn't talked about anything serious lately, they hadn't even talked about how he had been dead or what had went down when he was dead.

           "No?" Klaus asked.

            Jack raised his hand, "She wants to hear, just as badly as I do" he answered for the irritated sister.

        Klaus smiled, despite the dark topic. "Well, what if I told you the brotherhood of The Five still existed" he questioned.

         Rebekah's face immediately dropped in fear or shock, Jack couldn't tell. "What?" she asked, thinking she heard him wrong which was impossible.

        Klaus tsked "You see, and like that bygones. Come on love, work to do" he said walking toward the door.

       Rebekah shook her head. "We don't have anything to do. There is no we. I don't care about The Five and I don't care about you" she proclaimed.

       Klaus replaced his smile with a smirk, "As you wish" he said leaving with Jack following behind. Jack rushed to catch up mad he had left behind his drink.