CHAPTER TWELVE; WHO IS HENRIK

chapter twelve
( the frost )

chapter twelve( the frost )

★☆

THE NEXT morning was a quite weird one for Jack. He didn't remember much from last night besides how he'd save the hybrid he was supposed to hate and then he pretty much passed out. He also remembered how angry Damon had been and how he'd stormed off leaving him behind. Remembering that brought a pit of guilt back in his stomach.

However, sitting in this gigantic, soft, white bed, he didn't remember leaving Tyler's house, and he didn't remember where the hybrid went after. The room he was in was empty, the bed and a table beside it being everything. The walls were grey, but not finished being painted, almost like the house wasn't fully built yet.

Jack took one step out of the bed and then the room started spinning. He covered his mouth with his hand and then looked around for the closest bathroom, luckily, there was one in this room. He took big steps toward the bathroom and knelt down in front of the toilet as quick as he could, throwing up.

It was in this moment he regretted how much he drank last night. Jack flushed the toilet after a couple of minutes of staring at the wall. He didn't know where he was, but right now it was like he didn't care. He slowly rose up and washed his hands, gulping down any urge to throw up again, and then he pulled out his phone, calling Max.

"Hey, it's Max. Uh-I'm not here right now so. . .actually nevermind you know what to do" her voicemail said. Jack smiled hearing her voice and then waited for the beep, wondering where she was since he'd barely seen her last night.

"Hey, it-it's Jack. You kinda.  . .disappeared last night but that's okay. Uh. . .I don't know if you heard what happened but I kind of fucked-up, yeah. Just- uh, just call me when you get this, I miss you" he recorded, hanging up.

He exhaled, dropping his hands to his sides. I really screwed up he thought, now he'd be lucky if he had any friends left after the stunt he pulled. Jack hit his head against the wall, what was I thinking? It was like he had blanked last night and the originals weren't the enemies, it was like he wanted to protect him after all the harm and pain Klaus has caused his friends. His family. These were the people that raised him, and he chose Klaus over them?

Jack was stuck, he didn't know what to do. His instincts told him to climb out the window but he also knew whoever was down there would've thought about that already. So without giving it a second thought he left the room he woke up in, he let go every bit of control he was keeping and kept his right hand out, at the ready.

               He turned the hallway and made it down the cascade of stairs. Jack looking around, nobody was nearby so he made a run for it, almost at the door, his heart racing and being heard from miles away. He opened the door to leave and was thrown back, landing in the living room, hitting his head and making the room spin for a minute or two.

                  Someone clapped. "That was a really good try, truthfully." Klaus commented walking out from nowhere with a smug grin. "Except I had my witch cast a spell, the only way you'll be leaving is if I will it, or of course, you die" he explained walking toward the blonde boy.

                   Jack scooted across the floor backing himself into a wall. "And why do you want me here? After all I-I saved you last night" he reminded, trying to sound confident and not scared of the big bad hybrid.

                    Klaus laughed, the laughter turning into a dark scowl. "See even if what that psychotic twat said is true, your friend took something very special to me," he said kneeling down to his height. "He stole my family. Which, considering I freed him less then twenty-four hours ago it seems incredibly ignorant to betray me again" he huffed, hands in front of him intertwined together.

                 Jack gulped, coughing. "I still don't see where I come in" he admitted quietly, glancing at Klaus but ultimately staring at the floor. He felt stuck. It was only now he remember truly how alone he was and that Klaus could practically kill him and nobody would even know.

Klaus smiled lowly. "You're my leverage. . .my end of the bargain. You're what's going to stop Stefan from creating a war. It's just a matter of how much blood he wants on his hands" he explained.

Jack held his head, he couldn't believe Stefan would do this as soon as he got his freedom. Had he really lost it? "So I'm the child in this divorce, great" he joked, "Well if I'm going to be here for a while can I at least get some ice? hit my head pretty hard" he added sighing. This really was going to be a long day. Jack never imagined talking one on one to the hybrid, nevertheless living with him.

                   Klaus tsked, walking over to the fridge and grabbing some ice, then folding it into a towel. "guess that spell was stronger then I expected" he said handing the ice pack to Jack.

                     Jack stayed on the floor, not wanting to even try to stand up. "I'm surprised I don't have a concussion by now" he muttered, placing the ice pack onto the back of his head. He saw the Hybrid lowly smile and for a moment he wondered if Klaus was really all that scary. Sitting in this house, a house he owned and watching him live like any other human made him look so innocent, so mundane. "You know I've heard a lot about you" he striked, trying to start some conversation in this silence.

                         Klaus sat on a stool at the island in the kitchen, classic smirk on his face. "I could say the same about you" he replied sternly. "To be fair I'd never heard of you up until this week, but the talk is nonstop. In fact, I couldn't be more then fascinated with you right now".

                          Jack narrowed his eyes, "me? why?" he dared to ask. He knew this would lead to his powers. More specifically why he saved Klaus. Something reassured him though since it was obvious he needed him for something.

                          "Well you show up out of nowhere, you have powers but you're not a witch, and you seem to go by two names, one which holds great meaning to me, so I can't help but find you worth my time" Klaus vaguely explained.

                          "Henrik" Jack muttered. "That's what Mikael called me and that's the name you're talking about, right?" he pieced together

                         Slowly Klaus's smirk faded off his face and he stood up. "Never speak of Mikael and don't you dare say that name" he spoke through gritted teeth. His entire body language and attitude changing instantly.

                          Weakly, Jack stood up, using the wall to support him as the room went in and out of focus. "Why? what's the big deal about Henrik? who is he?" he questioned quietly, testing the waters.

Klaus huffed and grabbed his leather jacket nearby, putting it on. "Who he was and is does not concern you. Now, I have a couple visits to pay concerning your friends all you have to worry about is how long it'll take before you die" he threaten walking up the tiny steps to the front door.

Jack scoffed, "If whoever Henrik is doesn't concern me then why would my mother say it does?" he raised his voice, standing tall and feeling confidence flow through his veins.

The hybrids face contorted into many expressions before his scowl came back. "Enough!" he yelled, the feelings of bringing his little brother up so much getting to him. Jack winced, and then Klaus dropped his voice. "I thought you were an orphan".

Jack walked closer to the hybrid, his legs feeling like jelly. "I thought so to until the barrier came down and she came to me and revealed I'm not" he vaguely explained, stopping nearly at Klaus.

Klaus huffed, and then grabbed Jack by his arm aggressively. "You've just become far to interesting to leave alone" he stated dragging him out the front door, only this time he wasn't thrown back.