CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX; GOODBYES

chapter thirty-six
(the frost)

       AFTER JACK realized he and his family were moving out of Mystic Falls basically anytime, he decided he needed to amend things with Maxine and say goodbye to Jaime, at least til the next time he and Jaime were to see each other again

He also needed to see Caroline, she had been his first sister, he would read him books on nights where he couldn't fall asleep, she would comfort him when life got to hard and he would comfort her when Damon would toy with her or Tyler broke her heart.

Jack knew she wouldn't be happy with him leaving but he also knew she would want what's best for Jack and what would make him happy. So he decided to go to Caroline's first.

With Maxine he now knew she was in the wrong, after having weeks to think about it he finally came to terms with the fact there was nothing he could have done to fix their relationship, she wanted to much from him and he had wanted to take it slow, now he fully understood why; he was into guys and girls.

And Jaime, he didn't even want to say goodbye to Jaime. He was the first guy in his life he'd actually liked more then a friend, Jaime was the one who helped him figure out there was nothing wrong with him, he just hadn't known who he was before.

The thought of leaving Mystic Falls made Jack's stomach churn. It had been his home for as long as he could remember, he hadn't even left Mystic Falls ever. So the fact he was going to be leaving made him both nervous and excited. He knew there was so much more out there, so much he hadn't experienced yet.

So when Klaus gave him the option to leave with them or stay behind, which Jack was sure he wouldn't have let him actually stay behind, Jack realized then and there he was ready to leave. He needed to.

But just because he was ready to leave didn't mean he was ready to say goodbye to everyone and everything he's ever known.

       This small town had been a safe haven to him, a place that comforted him when he was alone, a place that was always the same and never changed. He had spent endless hours at the Mystic Grill studying for tests and hanging out with his friends, and he had spent a good portion of his childhood at Goodie's Arcade trying to beat the high score of some pointless game.

Right now, Jack had made it to Caroline's. He hadn't been here for months, he hadn't stood on the front porch, and he really had missed the smell of daisies as soon as you got to the front door.

He knocked twice, and then heard Caroline yell an I'm coming. He stood at the door with adrenaline rushing through him, this was the first step to him actually leaving Mystic Falls.

"Jack!" Caroline exclaimed as soon as she opened the screen door, pulling the tall teenager into a hug. "What are you doing here? I haven't seen you in forever" she yelled in happiness. She looked happy. Despite all that had happened she looked bright-eyed and spirited. Her hair was in its signature curls, and she was wearing the typical jeans with a blazer and white floral shirt underneath.