The Storm

Sam's POV

The vans took off and I jumped off the roof and spread my wings. I was gliding really low because I wanted to stay out of the eye of the vans's drivers. That proved to be difficult as it was hard to glide completely straight when so close to the pavement but it looked like I managed to stay unnoticed. When I got close enough to the first van I grabbed onto the door handle and ripped one side of the door opened. I stayed hidden behind the remaining side of the door until I noticed a head of a Hydra agent pop out. I grabbed him by his collar and threw him on the road behind me. That alarmed the other soldiers and I heard shuffling inside, but I quickly prepared the repulsors attached to my Falcon suit and I hopped inside the van, aiming the two men standing in my way to Katrina.

They both collapsed dead on the sides of the van and to my surprise the driver didn't even notice the action happening behind his back.

"Sam!" Katrina shrieked and I noticed a single tear drop down her cheek, "What the hell are you doing here?"

I smiled widely and ran to her to free her from her bounds. As soon as I freed her wrists she wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed herself tightly to me. It felt good to have her back in my arms.

"I'm here to perform the best rescue mission Hydra has ever seen," I joked, "Come on, let's get the other two. By the way, what's up between you and Bucksicle, huh?"

She rolled her eyes as I freed her from the restraints keeping her ankles together. "Is this really the best time to discuss my love life?"

"I know I'm a man but I can multitask just as well as you," I joked.

She rolled her eyes once more and smiled warmly, "Also Bucksicle? That's the best you got?"

I winked at her, "For now."

I pulled her up and stepped towards the door. "Do others know you're here?" she asked me.

"No one knows. Well, maybe Steve has figured it out already, but otherwise I think I'm safe."

"Safe?? What if something went wrong and you'd be captured too?!" she yelled at me.

I waved her off, "Oh please, as if I would fail a mission."

I noticed a grin on her rose lips, "So, genious, what's your plan?"

"I'll fly up and disable the driver, you take the wheel and drive after the vans. I'll do the same to each van as I did to yours. You just pick up the scraps that actually matter."

"I hope by that you mean Nat and Bucky," she glared at me.

I didn't answer, I was already out the door.

-

Katrina's POV

I was pleasantly surprised when Sam showed up to the rescue but honestly, only he would be capable of showing up when help was needed most.

Now I had to help my friends too. As soon as Sam flew out the door I stepped on the edge and grabbed the edge of the car roof tightly before lifting myself up and rotating so I landed on the roof steadily. I slid over the roof and waited for Sam to eliminate the driver. As soon as Sam's missiles hit him I crashed the windshield with my heels and slid inside the van behind the wheel, careful not to hurt myself on the wrecked glass. I got control of the car easily, although it was quite uncomfortable driving it knowing that there was a dead Hydra agent under me.

Sam performed perfectly and I followed his moves with the van, collecting firstly Nat and then Bucky, although I noticed a sudden fall in effectiveness when he had to take out Hydra agents in Bucky's van. Even if he always jested about me and Bucky, Sam always had a reluctant attittude towards the man. It was kind of funny to be honest.