Chapter-2

I fumbled through my dresses. Which ones to leave, which ones to take?

I huff as Cameron walks into the room with a plate full of French fries. He eyes my dresses and then my bag.

“Are you planning to run away? Where?” He asks as he shoves some fries in his mouth.

“Finland I guess.” I tell with a straight face.

His eyes glares at me, “You are really not!”

“No, stupid!” I laugh in his face as he throws few fries my way.

Sometimes I think how he would survive without me when I go away with my mate. There’s nobody other than me to take care of him since mom and dad…

“I am accompanying Emily to Finland for her best friend’s wedding. Alpha doesn’t want her to go alone, plus I’m a healer too.” I shrug.

He nods as he pulls some dresses sprawled on the ground and throws them onto my bed.

“Stay safe then.” He says before leaving.

It took me forever to pick and put dresses into my bag. I headed to my bed early to wake up early next day.

I was woken by Elli as usual as she purred on my face. Quickly I washed myself, packed some food, placed some food for Cameron and headed to the pack house.

“Ariah!” Alpha called as he placed a bag in the back of the car.

“Just keep Emily safe, will you? I am glad she is going with you!” he smiles as I give a nod.

He picks up my bag and places it with other bags in the back just as Emily walks out of the pack house.

“I have talked to Alpha Damon and he will show you both around, okay?” he asks.

“Okay, alpha” I bow as he nods back.

Next moment, we both jump into the car and begin our four hour journey to Finland.

It takes forever before huge trees begin to make their way. I spot some small houses one kilometer away.

“Hey! Look at that house, Ariah!” Emily exclaims as she points to a huge house among many small houses, the pack house.

I feel dizzy with emotions as we get closer to the house. A strong, cold wind blows outside as we stop in front of the pack house.

My head spins and my hands tremble. My wolf sings a beautiful melody.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Emily says before jumping out of the car.

I follow her outside the house as a bunch of men take our bags inside. Emily does a small, happy dance as a tall man with strong power radiating out of him stands beside us.

“Luna Emily.” He bows as Emily gives him a nod.

We follow him into the house. The house seemed the opposite of what we saw from outside.

Sad.

Dark.

Very cold.

I wonder how would the alpha look like.

A sweet smell yet sour smell captured the air inside. It seemed to be as sweet as honey yet as sour as a lemons.

Emily smiled towards me as we were walked to our rooms. Ones inside, Emily narrowed her eyes at me as if I was a subject of study.

“Something is definitely wrong with you, are you not happy to come with me?” she asked.

I shake my head, “I don’t know! The atmosphere here feels weird. Why is it so sad out here?”

Emily studies me with her big, brown eyes as she nods.

“I don’t feel anything. What are you talking about?” she asks in confusion before a  knock on the door interrupts us.

The door opens to the same tall man.

“The Alpha will meet you both tomorrow at the ceremony.” He bows before walking back.

“Why not today?” Emily asks as her face fills with anger.

“He might be busy.” I tell as Emily shakes her head.

“He is not busy! Damon is avoiding me, he’s not marrying his mate, just a girl from his pack.” She whispers.