Chapter-12

I couldn't get myself to eat anything after the announcement. Emily, however, ate as a pregnant woman must eat. She might have sneaked a glass or two of whiskey behind my back.

Alex sent my concerned glances whole evening as I tried to not let any tears escape my eyes.

Damon couldn't be more angry. He wasn't sad but angry, probably at the alpha from Germany.

He didn't show up.

I was angry at the destiny myself. Why don't we get justice we need?

I glanced at the door one more time but only this time I saw a tall, olive skinned man enter the hall. His long dirty, blond hair were up in a ponytail and his face suddenly stretched into a smile as he looked my way.

Why was he smiling my way? Did I look funny?

Oh wait, that's James. James!

I stood out of my chair and walked towards him as he did the same.

"I can't believe you didn't grow out of your ponytail!" I told him as he chuckled and caught me in a warm hug.

"And that's the first thing you say when we meet after ten years, Ria." He yelled in my ear and I pushed him away, only this time he was too heavy to push away.

"Damn, you grew some muscles too!" I told him.

"You grew into a beautiful specimen too, I think."he let out a smile as I chuckled.

I can't believe I am seeing him after ten years, he left for Germany when we were ten.

"From my past knowledge, you were in Black bear pack. What are you doing here?" He asked with a tilted head and I sighed.

"It's a long story!" I told him with a shake of my head.

"Well, I'm all ears!" He urged as we occupied seats near the bar.

"I came here with Emily, for her friend's wedding. It turned out that friend of her was my mate and also, he was the groom too." I told him.

"Tell me he cancelled that wedding?" He asked, more of growled.

"He didn't." I sighed and gulped some wine.

"I want to know his name." He told as he stood up and looked around.

"No way! He's trying his best to stop the wedding, only the wedding isn't in his control." I told him as a growl escaped from his lips.

"How is that wedding out of his control! That bastard!" He growled as some pack members looked our way.

"Calm down, James! People are looking. Let's go to my room okay?" I asked as I placed my hand on his shoulder but now another growl thundered behind me.

"Get away from her!" A very angry Damon growled. His eyes were dark, so dark it felt I might drown in them.

James's hands went into tight fists, ready to attack.

Oh no! Probably he realized who Damon was.

"You are the one, right? How dare you marry another woman when you have a mate!" He yelled.

"Not here! My room, now!" I told James as Damon snarled.

"You too!" I told as I walked towards my room, leaving a lot of people standing in the hall, with their mouth wide open.

I settled on my bed as James entered the room.

"I am not sparing him!" He told with determination as I sighed.

Next moment, Damon walked in and James glared at him.

"I know you are angry, but it's not his fault. He is trying so hard, he even contacted an alpha from Germany to help us. But that stupid alpha just didn't show up!" I spoke as Damon looked my way with a sad look.

"Alpha from Germany. Are you referring to me?" James asked as my eyebrows furrowed and I looked towards Damon.

"I doubt it's you. As much I've heard, Alpha James is a strong, hot headed Alpha, nothing like you!" Damon told.

Alpha James. James.

Before I placed two and two together, James pounced on Damon. Damon fought back ferociously and went for his neck.

"I'm done with you both!" I suddenly yelled as the two looked at me.

"I'm done with a bunch of idiots! Damon, the one you are fighting is James, alpha James." I pointed out as Damon's face twisted in confusion.

"You are James? Oh Goddess, really?" He asked as he looked my way next.

"How do you know?" He asked as I let out a sigh.

Suddenly, I realized I've been sighing a lot lately.

"James is my childhood best friend. He left for Germany when we were ten. Judging from the energy he's radiating, he's surely an alpha." I cleared the facts as Damon's face glowed with realization.

James smirked at Damon as Damon looked at him with an apologitic look.

"I'm sorry, James! But now you know he was trying to break the wedding. He wanted to support his war stricken pack. So, he got into a treaty with an alpha. The alpha would provide resources but in turn he had to marry his daughter." I explained.

"I'm sorry the way I behaved but I couldn't control my wolf when I saw you both together." Damon cleared as he looked at me with an apologitic face.

"No way I'm accepting your apology! And Ria, we have some stuff to do." James whispered as I took my hand and gestured for Damon to follow.

Damon's eyes switched between black and blue but he followed us nevertheless.

James took the mic from the man standing on stage as I shook my.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Helping you." He told as he switched on the mic.

"Good evening, everybody! I'm Alpha James from Germany." Pack members cheared as James chuckled.

Damon gave me a questioning look as I shrugged.

I hope James does this right.

"I would like to extend a helping hand towards your pack. My pack will be providing food and weapons. I would also like your pack to join in training with mine." James spoke on the mic as pack members screamed with joy.

Thank God! I can't believe it's happening.

I glanced at Damon to see his reaction but it only held a relieved smile. Stretching my hand towards his, I caught his hand in mine.

James smiled my way as I pounced on him for a hug. I could hear a growl from behind me, but I was too overjoyed.

Next moment, I was torn away from James as an angry looking, a very sexy Damon crashed himself onto me.

James chuckled as Damon crushed my body into his.

Damn, I could feel every muscle of his.

"It's your turn, Damon. Accept what's yours before it's too late." James whispered as Damon growled in return.

Damon snatched the mic from his hand and cleared his throat.

"Good evening again, everybody!" He spoke, still holding my hand as if the world depended on it.

"I'm really thankful to Alpha James for such an offer. I can't express how relieved I feel right now. Also, I would like to make another announcement." Damon gave one glance my way.

"I found my mate and your Luna!" He announced as pack members cheared with joy before bowing their heads in front of us.

"I'm grateful to have her. She didn't give up on me even when it was the easiest way possible." He told over the mic as he squeezed our hands together.

In this moment, I could feel the war coming to an end.

I could see the white flags of peace and harmony.

I could see the sun rise.