Chapter-7

I sat on the terrace, my legs swinging down the railing. The tears have dried down but I still didn't feel like going down.

I couldn't face him. Damon.

I think I should give in to this marriage. It seems to be destined. But we both are destined to each other too.

I sigh into the cold air of night as the Moon hides behind the clouds.

The door to terrace opens and Alex walks in. He sits besides me as I rub my eyes clean.

"I never thought I'll find you here. You are a great healer, really. I thought she would die. Our healer couldn't do what you did." He smiles at me as I give him a sad smile back.

"You know you can talk to me whenever you want, whatever you want." He says, his blonde hair shining in the Moon's light.

He was handsome.

But he was not Damon.

I sighed again.

"I know that and I appreciate that." I tell as he smiles again into the cold air.

"I can't see you sad and hurt. So, I've been working. I've some good news for you." He says as his baby blue eyes sparkle.

"Tell me." I whisper, turning to him.

"I can't tell you till it's done. You've got to wait. But I'll make sure this wedding is over." He says as I give him a joyful smile.

I never thought he would go that far.

Just as he is about to get up, I lean in and plant a kiss on his cheek.

"Thanks" I whisper as he looks at me, startled.

"Well, thanks for that!" He says as he rubs his cheek and then smirks.

I laugh as he walks back downstairs.

Damon didn't come to my room to talk whole day. Then I came here at night, skipping the dinner.

My stomach growls as the terrace door slams open again.

I don't have to look behind me to see who's come to visit me. He walks and sits beside me.

His black hair have been matted to his face again due to sweat. I feel the need to push them away from his beautiful face, but I suppress it.

His deep blue eyes dig a hole in my face but I refuse to look at him.

I can't face him.

If that girl would have died, there would have been a war between the packs. It would have been destructive to his pack.

I shouldn't have tossed her like that.

But it was fun, I admit it.

A finger curls below my chin and pulls my face up. His eyes are hypnotizing and those hair....

"I'm sorry." He whispers as I find myself drowning in those eyes.

He says some more but I'm somewhere else.

Those eyes.

He suddenly shakes me a little as I blink back to reality.

"You with me?" He says as I nod.

"What were you saying?" I ask as he gives me a small smile.

That smile keeps my wolf drooling.

"I was saying, you are a great healer. Since how long have you been practicing?" He asks.

"Since I was twelve." I whisper as my eyes again catch his hair.

"That's pretty long." He nods.

"I'm sorry for hurting her like that. It would have been bad for the pack." I dug my head down.

He shakes his head, "But you didn't let her die. You acted like a true Luna."

I turn to him as he gives me a dazzling smile and my wolf is drooling again.

His fingers pull a strand of my hair behind my ears and his thumb carresses my cheek.

"I know you think I don't feel anything for you. I want to have a normal life with my real mate as everybody has. But what about the pack? I was born an alpha of this pack, I have to take care of it." He says.

I never said he's wrong.

But even if we are right, we still don't have a choice.

"I'm desperately trying to find a solution, just give me some time and a chance. Will you?" His eyes dig into mine.

Should I give a chance?

I nod as my other hand find his hand. He squeezes back as his other hand carresses my cheek.

"Let's go eat, you skipped dinner today. Don't do that again, okay?" He says.

We walk down together to the deserted dinning room. Everyone's asleep I guess.

He pulls a chair and places a plate in front of me.

Taking a seat beside me, he places another plate in front of him.

"You didn't eat too?" I ask as he pushes a huge plate of Chinese my way. I pick out some noodles and place them in my plate.

He shakes his head as he takes a bite of manchurian.

My wolf smiles. He really waited for me.

"Why are we eating Chinese anyway?" I ask as I take some manchurian in my mouth.

"I made that." He says and my face forms an o.

He made it, it tastes great. He made it?

"You made it?" I ask in shock as he gives out a breathtaking laughter.

Did he just laugh?

"Did you just laugh?" I voice out my thoughts before realizing it.

Shit! I'm going mad, he's driving me mad.

"Yes, I made it and yes, your processing speed is really slow." He says with a smirk as I huff.

"It's all because of you!" I cry as he looks startled.

"Well, you have the same effect on me." He tells as his eyes look anywhere but to me.