Chapter-4

Reality hit me as the priest began to speak. My mate was about to tie a knot with a girl who wasn't even his mate.

My wolf snarled its way to the front of my mind as she took control.

Next moment, I jumped on the stage. My eyes must be surely yellow as fire because people looked terrified of me.

My mate realized what was happening and instantly walked towards me.

I did the same.

His eyes gradually turned blue, their natural color. His black hair looked like a ravishing ball.

He steadily walked to me, eyeing for any danger. Suddenly, the bride jumped at me and I pushed her body in mid air.

She tumbled to the other side of the stage and people crowded around her.

Before I could look towards my mate, my breath was caught in my throat. I struggled to take some air, but failed. So, I fell on the stage as darkness filled my vision.

"When will she wakeup?" A guy asks. My mate?

"You stay away from her, you are the reason she's here!" A girl snarled.

"I didn't know I'll meet her here!" The guy resented back.

"Get out both of you!" Another girl yelled before a couple of footsteps moved out of the room.

Light came burning into my eyes as I pulled them open. I cried as my head went into circles.

"Take it slow, darling!" I opened my eyes to a beautiful, old woman. Her grey hair tied into a bun and a crystal in her hand.

"How are you feeling?" She asked as she placed a glass of yellow fluid in front of me.

I drank it without thinking, she was a healer after all.

"My head's still spinning." I tell her.

"Yeah, You hit your head I guess when you fell on stage. Alpha brought you here." She told.

"So, are you a healer too?" She asks as she gives my grey crystal to me.

I nod as I drink the fluid.

She walks out of the room later as I sigh.

What the hell did happen before?

Why would my mate marry someone whose not his mate!?

The door opens once again and Emily walks in.

"Hey! How are you feeling? Sam is coming to pick us up soon. We are going back home!" She says.

"But him?" I ask as she looks miserable.

"He's still going to marry her, Ari." She states.

Tears fall down my eyes as my wolf weeps.

"Why would he do that?" I ask, that's unfair. He has a mate now!

"Because he's bound to a treaty. His pack was attacked and it is not a strongest right now. He needs support from another pack. So, in turn he marries another alpha's daughter." She explained as her own eyes fill with tears.

Next moment, the door is slammed open and our alpha walk in, with a very angry Cameron.

"How are you, Ariah?" He asked as he placed an arm around his mate.

"I don't know!" I blurt out as Cameron growls.

"I'll kill that bastard!" He snarls as I shake my head.

"I doubt it's his fault, he is the alpha. His pack needs him." I whisper but definitely angry at my destiny.

First, I find a mate so late and now he's going to marry somebody else.

I sob as Cameron comes and gives a hug.

"We'll find a way, Ari." Alpha Sam whisper.

I doubt we would.

My wolf stays silent, watching the scene as a third person.

Another knock on the door startles me. The beta enters the room and bows.

"Alpha Damon would like to talk to Luna, alone." He says.

Everybody agrees before I say, "I don't want to."

Emily nods at me and glares at beta who bows and exits.

I know what he's going to do. He'll reject me so that the marriage is less painful to both of us.

"I'm not ready for his rejection now." I whisper.

"Ari, we will find a way!" Cameron says with confidence before the door opens and Damon walks in.