Chapter-6

I pick up the dress Emily had placed on my bed.

Thank God she understands me. She has somehow managed to make alpha leave and her to stay in Damon's pack for a while.

Cameron was the hardest, he wouldn't bulge. It took me a lot of struggles and blackmailing to make him leave this pack.

"Ready?" Emily walked in, one hand on her belly. Sometimes I forget she's pregnant with twins. She shouldn't stay here for long.

I nod and follow her out to the dinning table for breakfast. Nobody is there except the gamma and his sister.

His sister walks out of the room along with Emily following her out.

"Hey cutie!" Alex greets is as he takes a bite of his pancakes.

"Doesn't the pack eat together here?" I ask as I take a seat opposite him.

"On special occasions only!" He tells before munching on his pancakes.

"Are you alright? You really frightened me yesterday!" He says with a smirk.

"I don't know, I feel mad at destiny I guess." I tell him as he nods.

"Let me tell you, if Damon rejects you I'll kill him and then you can come with me. Just wanted to say you are not alone, alright?" He says as I nod.

Few minutes of talking with Alex and Damon walks into the dinning room.

He stares at me, not just an empty stare now. It contains lust, concern, love?

He sits besides me and snarls at Alex who snarls back.

"Let me tell you one thing, brother. You reject her and then she's mine." He warns as Damon goes mad.

He strangles Alex as I struggle to think of how to calm him.

I somehow move between them and put my neck near Damon's face.

Next moment, he's dropping kisses down my shoulder, neck, hands.

It takes a few minutes to realize what is happening before I pull away.

His eyes show hurt as he tries to pull me back. But then suddenly he comes into realization.

"You shouldn't have touched me!" He says as his eyes hold fury and fear.

He walks out of the room as Emily runs back in.

"What happened?" Emily says.

"I touched Damon and he says I shouldn't have." I whisper as Emily's eyes widen.

"Because your heat will come sooner then." Oh just heat. Heat?

I huff as I make my way to the food. I don't know I'll handle it I guess.

I was plucking some flowers and herbs for making tea to prevent Emily's morning sickness when THE girl came out of the house.

She looked at me with disgust and anger.

"Do you have a habit of jumping on other women's men or is my case just a coincidence?" She asked as I ignored.

She wasn't worth my reply. She was just lucky. That's all.

"I'm talking to you, Ms. Slut!" She huffed as I looked towards with a straight face.

She was really testing my patience.

A scar I gave her on her neck has almost healed but still visible making me smile.

"Who the hell are you staring at, bitch!" She asked as her face twisted in anger.

She is tiny as compared to my height but I don't know about her training. I'm not afraid of her still.

"Your scar." I say as the next moment, she jumps upon me.

I throw her body on the other side just as I did before and she faints as she hits the ground.

Come on. So weak?

Pack members form a crowd around as a pack healer runs down to us.

Damon comes running to us. He eyes me for injuries before looking at the girl. His eyes then glare at me.

"Why can't you stay calm? Why can't you let me handle this! You go back to your room and don't come out till I say so!" He yells a bit to high for pack members to hear.

I dug my head down as I feel embarrassed.

"Alpha, she's not breathing!" The pack healer says as I dare not to look towards Damon.

He'll kill me if that girl dies.

Turning around I rush to the girl. I wouldn't have done it if not for Damon.

I push the pack healer aside and kneel down the girl.

Her skin has turned pale, she possibly had a concussion.

I pulled out a purple crystal out of my bag where I was collecting flowers before. Taking the crystal in one hand, I placed one on her head.

I recited the all familiar chants. Repeating. I wanted her to live.

Next moment, she breathed out all of a sudden. Pack members sighed as they heard her breath heavily.

She sat up slowly and I placed the crystal back into my bag. I stood up and without glancing at anybody, I ran through the crowd into the privacy of my room.

Unstoppable tears ran down my cheeks.