Chapter 8

I was drying my hair in front of the mirror when Emily walked in.

"We are going to a party next week!" She shrieked as I covered my ears.

Her pregnancy hormones were taking a toll on her mind, sadly.

She hopped in the room and switched on my radio player. Dancing through the room, she suddenly jumped on the bed with a thump. Sometimes she forgot she was pregnant!

"Stop right now!" I snarled as she looked at me with a mischievous grin.

"What are you so excited about a party?" I asked as I furrowed my brows.

She grinned again as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"The most exciting part will be you! I'm going to dress you so well that Damon would look at you without blinking." She squealed as she jumped again in bed.

I'm honestly scared for those babies. Poor babies.

Next moment, she danced herself out of my room as I just stood there staring.

Sighing, I went back to drying my hair when the door was again slammed open and I mentally huffed.

"Hey gorgeous!"

A handsome devil walked into my room and then leaned on the wall beside me.

"What do I owe your presence, sir?" I asked staring at him through the mirror.

His eyes shined a different colour as she looked at me through the mirror. His blonde hair were pulled back and his usual clothes were replaced by dress pants and a shirt.

"I got you something!" He gave a sparkling smile as he strolled towards me.

"What is that?" I asked as I turned to him.

"The solution of The Damon Treaty." He smirked.

Solution. Or another problem?

"What is it?" I asked in excitement as he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Some Alphas will be attending the party. We can lure them into helping us." He told as I shook my head.

"Why do you think that we will be able to negotiate with them when Damon failed to do that!" I exclaimed as he laughed. Dark laughter.

"That depends on you, darling. I have shown you the path." He told as he pulled open the door.

"But you told me you had a solution!" I yelled.

"It can become one and only you can make it." He stated back.

"What is this party about anyways?" I asked as I threw my towel on the bed.

"It's my parents marriage anniversary and. Also, Damon is going to announce another date for the marriage because you ruined the first." He told as he exited my room.

Another date? Why wasn't I informed about it?

Tears brimmed in my eyes as the fear of losing Damon again rose back.

I tossed the towel and bedsheets down on the floor as neverending flood of tears ran down my cheeks.

Probably, Emily didn't know about it. Otherwise she wouldn't be dancing.

I haven't even figured out the solution. Alex was also useless, I didn't know what ran in his mind.

I don't know how many hours I spend on my bed crying when the door again flew open and Emily walked in.

She instantly threw her arms around me and rubbed my back.

"Alex just told me about the announcement he's going to make about the wedding." She whispered as my hiccups came back.

"I'm going to the kill that man today. He wouldn't see tomorrow's sunrise, I swear!" She yelled as she stood up before I gripped her arm.

"Don't talk to him about it, Emily! It isn't his fault. He is trying to save his pack." I told her as Emily clenched her jaw.

"I'll get you something to eat from downstairs." She urged as I shook my head.

"I don't feel like eating." I whispered as I pulled my knees near my chest.

"I'll tell Damon to meet you and-" she began when I glared at her.

"No way are you telling him about me and even if he asks, tell him I went to sleep early. Tell him I wasn't well." I told her as she nodded and made her way out of my room.

Switching off the lights, I laid down on my back as tears didn't stop to run down my cheeks. I didn't realize when sleep consumed me.

I was woken by a soft sound near me as a hand carressed my cheek.

"I'm sorry." A voice whispered filled with sadness.

Slowly, I opened my eyes to darkness as I found someone sitting beside me. Judging from the sparks that erupted on my cheek, I didn't have to think twice about who he was.

I looked at his face which was lit by the Moon's light. His eyes were closed as his plump lips were twisted with sadness.

Unable to look at his sadness struck face, I touched his face gently with my fingers as his eyes pulled open.

Dark blue eyes haunted me just like as they did in my dreams. Instead they felt moist this time. Was he crying?

"Ariah." He breathed as his fingers rubbed my cheeks.

Realization hit me and I pulled my hand back as sadness loomed back on his face.

I turned to other side of bed so that his hands were no longer connected to my face.

"Please leave." I whispered as I shut my eyes closed.

Why was it so hard to be angry at him. He was the one who didn't tell me about that wedding announcement.

I didn't know what I really was to him.

Few seconds passed and I thought he left. I felt peace suddenly but then the bed behind me creaked and a hand went to my arm.

Sparks erupted as the hand went up to my shoulder, to the part where he would mark. Would he now?

The hand then landed on my waist as suddenly I was pulled to a rock hard chest.

"I know you are angry. But I thought this information would hurt you, so I decided to tell you myself later. But I guess you heard about it before I talked to you." He whispered as a shiver ran down my back because of the close proximity of his lips with my ear.

"Why would you even announce that damn thing anyway!" I yelled as I turned to look at him as he laid on my bed facing me.

I felt a rush of energy flowing through me as I looked at those blue eyes.

"You are fucking mine!" I snarled as I lunged at him, my wolf taking over my body.

Damon struggled under me as I moved my head into the crook of his neck, trying to find a spot to bite.

I'm going to make him mine!

Just as my teeth graced his skin lightly, I was suddenly thrown to the other side of bed and Damon jumped on the top.

"Control yourself!" He urged as he gripped my hands over my head as I struggled to free them.

He dipped his head into the crook of my neck as his scent engulfed me completely.

Slowly, I regained control over my body as my wolf went to the back of my mind.

"I'm sorry." I apologized this time as a chuckle left his body.

"You really are a wild cat." His eyes wrinkled as he moved his head up.

I huffed in response as he looked at my face with those blue eyes.

"You are my wild cat, all mine!"