Chapter-11

The party was in full swing as men and women danced there way through the living room. Heavenly Smell of roasted meat lingered in the air as the food was served.

I sighed as I looked at Diana who was following Damon like a puppy. Emily was sitting with some ladies, chatting and eating.

I, on the other hand, was really anxious about what was going to happen after this party.

Will we win this war or will we get dissolved by the wedding.

Some pack members bowed as I walked towards Damon who was now standing with some guys.

"Can I borrow him, please?" I asked the guys with a smile as they bowed to my surprise.

Holding Damon's hand, I pulled him to an isolated corner.

"What part of AFTER THE PARTY you didn't understand?" He asked as a sly smile stretched through his face.

"Actually, I wanted to ask about the Alpha from Germany. Where is he?" I asked as his smile faded.

"He should have been here by now, I don't know what is taking him so long." He told and I couldn't help but fear.

What if he didn't come at all?

"He will come, he told me over the phone. You don't need to worry." He told as he placed his hand on my shoulder and I sighed.

"Let's head back to the party." I whispered before walking ahead to catch Emily just in time.

Catching a glass of whiskey from his hand, I gave him a glare.

"Why do you forget you are pregnant?" I asked as she gave me a guilty smile.

"Sorry!" She spoke as she took a glass of water from the table.

"Have you tried the meat?" She asked as she placed a plate of meat towards me.

It tasted as lovely as it smelt and I mentally moaned.

As the time passed, my anxiety reached to the peak.

He hasn't arrived yet.

Sweat became evident on Damon's forehead as the time of announcement neared.

Diana's parents walked towards Damon. They probably wanted the announcement to be made. Diana tagged along with them.

I sighed as I looked towards the door every five minutes or so. It was eight pm already and I doubt anybody arrives in the party so late.

Diana's parents whispered something in Damon's ears and Damon looked my way.

This was it, the announcement was coming.

Nobody can stop the wedding to happen after that.

My wolf wailed as Damon walked to the stage, his forehead full of sweat. He looked at me desperately before he switched on the microphone.

"Attention everybody! This party is dedicated to my parents who have completed twenty years of successful wedding today. I can't express how grateful I am for their love and support. I wouldn't be here without them. So, a toast to them!" He announced as everybody cheared at the beautiful, old couple standing right in front of the stage.

Damon looked exactly like his dad, black, thick hair, dark, brooding face.
Alex, on the other hand, looked nothing like the couple. Both had black hair, yet Alex had blond hair.

I made a mental note to ask Damon after the wedding and cheared at the couple.

"As you all know, last week, my wedding was cancelled due to some personal issues. The wedding date has now been postponed to next week. All of the pack members are cordially invited." Damon finished as the pack members cheared.

Diana caught Damon's lips with hers. Both their parents hugged each other with joy.

My wolf wailed once again before I couldn't feel her anymore.

My heart felt heavy, my chest felt constricted. I felt empty inside.

Yet I felt, I haven't lost this war completely.