Chapter-9

Damon's every attempt to reassure me was futile as his parents anniversary party came closer and my chance to break the wedding kept fading.

Diana, Damon's soon to be bride, gushed and danced around in happiness as she followed Damon everywhere throughout the house.

My wolf felt like tearing her pretty little face with her paws. But I couldn't do much, I didn't want her to die.

Throughout these days, Emily's shoulder became my shoulder to weep on. She assured me that she would take me away from here once Damon announces wedding so that it would be less hurtful to me.

"Hey!" Alex walked towards me into the kitchen, a lazy smile on his face.

"Hey!" I called back with a straight face as he chuckled at my reaction.

"Why so serious, Ari?" He asked as I gave him a glare, that man knew in which situation I was in currently yet he still had the audacity to ask.

"What? I know the party is tomorrow." He said as his eyes shined.

That asshole!

He must have seen the heated glare I sent him because he flinched next moment.

"I thought you would figure out the solution, Ari. But apparently you are not that intelligent." He shook his head as I gave him a questioning look.

"The party is the golden chance, solution to your problem!" He told.

"How is that party full of alphas a solution to me?" I asked as he sighed.

"The alphas are the solution! You would get to meet them. You can tell them about your situation and they might agree to negotiate!" I huffed at his solution.

No way I'm begging my way to get the support Damon needs. But I'm Luna to the pack too.

"I do not like this idea of yours at all. But it might be handy if the situation gets out of hand!" I tell him as he shakes his head.

"That shouldn't be a backup, it should be the plan!" He tells before walking out of the kitchen.

I don't know what problem does him have, why does he keeps throwing half baked solutions my way all the time?

But the idea was good, it might take some convincing but I might be able to solve this problem. Break the wedding.

A very happy Diana walked in next moment and I had to refrain myself from tearing her hair out of her scalp.

Doesn't she have a mate to look for? Why marry another man when she might be having a mate somewhere?

"Hey! I hope you are ready for the wedding announcement. We'll be getting hitched soon!" She chuckled.

Yes, I was so ready to pull her heart out of her chest and dump her body in a bathroom!

"Well, I'm ready but not for the wedding! I'm ready to claim my man." My words made her face turn dark as she glared at me.

"You can't change the destiny. It happens to be on my side this time. Try whatever you can, but Damon's mine!" She told as she turned and walked out of the kitchen.

I pushed my wolf back as she snarled, ready to pounce on her.

Slowly, I got out of the chair I was occupying and headed upstairs to my room. My eyes moistened at the words Diana spoke.

I might lose him and the end's nearer.

Big, salty droplets of tears hung on my cheeks as my train of thoughts went through the same course it took everytime I thought about my situation.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't realize that a strong chest covered in green has stopped in front of me.

Sparks erupted as fingers went to my chin and forced me to look up. Deep blue eyes raked through my face.

Next moment, I was hurled up to his chest and his arms carried me to a room.

He placed me on the soft bed and settled beside me. Few caresses on my arm and his scent was enough to calm my senses.

"I know it's hard, Ari. But I can promise you one thing, you will be the woman I marry and spent my life with." He spoke and in that moment I felt assurance.

I know I shouldn't have my hopes up but his promise was enough to keep my wolf at peace.

His words gave me the confidence I was lacking since days. This confidence was enough for me to carry on. Break the wedding.

We stayed up entire night, just relishing each others presence. Both having same thought in our mind.

What if this night is the last night we have together?