4

Tony

I was exhausted. Not from a fight or a long day, but to get Peter to fall asleep. It took both me, Steve and Nat three hours. Finally he was asleep in mine and Steve's bed. Nat was watching him while me and Steve were going shopping for the little guy. We met him today and I'm already thinking of designs to his room.

-Alright you ready hun? I asked trying to hide my excitement.

-Yup. I'm driving! Steve answered and speeded up.

-Wait honey nooo!

Natasha

I was reading a book in Steve and Tony's bedroom. Peter was sleeping peacefully beside me in the kingsized bed. Every time I turned a page I glanced over at the sleeping baby next to me. Tony and Steve had told me what happened with Peter in the bathroom earlier. Just when you think HYDRA can't sink any further they do. Who the fuck would willingly want to hurt and experiment on this angel beside me? As I was busy with my own thoughts Peter started waking up. I put the bookmark in place and placed the book on the nightstand just in time for Peter to fully wake up. He looked at me tiredly and I started counting how long it would take him to start crying. Surprisingly he didn't. He just stared at me with curious eyes.

-Hi Peter. Do you remember me? Natasha, I said and pointed at myself.

-You a'e 'Asha? Peter asked and pointed at me as he sat up all by himself.

-Yeah. You remember me from the lab right?

Peter nodded and rubbed his eyes tiredly. God he's such an angel.

-Whe'e's 'ony and Steeb? He asked and crawled over closer to me.

-They had something to do. But don't worry. They'll be back, I said and took the three-year-old into my arms.

-You su'e?

-100%

Peter smiled. He really loves Tony and Steve already. That's so fricking cute. Not as cute as those three together. 'cause I mean they're adorable.

-Hey why don't you try and go back to sleep? it's been a he-....eeeckity heck long day.

-'m not ti'ed, Peter answered.

-Would a lullaby help?

-Ma'be, Peter smiled and looked up at me.

I started to think if I knew any good lullabies. Clint's kids always hated lullabies. They always wanted to hear stories. So maybe I didn't know any....except....okay it's not really a lullaby but it'll do. I crawled under the blankets with Peter trying to remember the text.

-There goes my heart beating. 'cause you are the reason. I'm losing my sleep. Please come back now.

Peter smiled and his half his face under the blanket. Yeah....he was not tired. Better not give him more energy not to sleep with.

-And there goes my mind racing. And you are the reason, that I'm still breathing. I'm hopeless now.

Peter was still smiling under the blanket. But he seemed less energetic. So I continued singing.

-I'd climb every mountain. And swim every ocean. Just to be with you. And fixed what I've broken.

Peter's smile had faded. Not because he was sad. But because he was really tired again.

-Oooh 'cause I need you too see...

-That you are the reason, we both sang.

I smiled as we had sung something together. He was a quick learner. That's for sure. I continued singing since he wasn't fully asleep yet.

-There goes my hand shaking, you a'e the 'eason. My heart keeps breathing. I need you now.

I smiled as Peter really tried to sing along. I put up my hand to grab his before I started drawing circles in his palm.

-And if I could turn back the clock. I'd make sure the light defeated the dark. I'd spend every hour. Of every day, keeping you safe.

-And I'd clim' eve'y mountain, Peter sang by himself.

-And swim every ocean, I sang

-Just to be wi'h you

-And fixed what I've broken.

-Oooh cause I need you too see. That you are the reason, we both sang.

I smiled at Peter as he was almost asleep right next to me. Slowly I leaned closer and kissed his forehead.

-I'd climb every mountain. And swim every ocean. Just to be with you. And fixed what I've broken.

-Mmm....night 'Asha, Peter mumbled in his sleep.

-Night Petey, I said and closed my eyes holding Peter close.

Tony

Me and Steve had returned to the tower. Sure we needed a lot more stuff for the newest member to the family. But this will do for now.

-We should probably go and help Nat out. She's not a big fan of kids. Probably waiting for us to walk in and save her, I said.

-I'm not too sure about that. She seemed to turn soft for Peter earlier, Steve said as we got out from the elevator.

-Oh please. The day Nat turns soft for a kid is the day I get a swear jar, I said cockily as we walked towards our bedroom.

I opened the door since Steve was carrying most of the stuff. My eyes widened as I opened the door. In our bed Nat was cuddling in her sleep with Peter. Steve entered the room and carefully put down the shopping bags.

-Better get a big jar, he whispered and turned back to me.

-Oh don't get cocky. C'mon let's leave them alone, I said and kissed his cheek before leaving the room.

Shortly after the door closed barely even making a sound.