6

One week later

Tony

We were in Peter's future room building the kid's bed. Or well...me and Steve were trying to put this IKEA mystery of a bed together while Nat and Rhodey were playing with Peter on the floor.

-I can build a more advanced device than any human on earth even had thought of, in a cave in the desert. I'm probably the smartest man on earth....,I said annoyed.

-You are the smartest man on earth, Steve confirmed.

-But I still can't understand these instructions, I said showing them to Steve.

-Well....I think....this is supposed to go here, Steve said unsure and held up a stick.

-How do you know that? I asked confused and looked at the instructions again.

-I don't. But I think it's easier to build this crib without confusing instructions.

-You know....I think you're right, I said and threw away the instructions.

-You've been trying to build that thing for two hours now. Why don't you take a break and let me handle it? Natasha asked.

I looked over at Steve who sent me a small smile. I guess letting Nat try won't hurt while we take a break. Besides it'll be fun to see her fail for once.

-Alright. But only because I need Peter cuddles and coffee, I said and stood up from the floor.

I almost fell again since I had been sitting in the same position on the floor for three hours. So my legs felt kinda numb. Luckily I had a muscular captain handsome to lean on.

-You okay? Rhodey asked standing up with Peter in his arms.

-Yeah. I probably should've switched position once in a while, I said.

Natasha quickly walked up behind Rhodey and covered Peter's ears.

-No shit, she said.

Peter glanced at her confused. Probably wondering why she was covering his ears. I rolled my eyes at her and let my eyes rest on Peter. I sighed. I'm gonna make sure he's safe. Whenever and wherever. I tried standing on my own two feet which worked. So I stopped leaning on Steve and looked down on Peter.

-Alright give him to me Rhodes, I ordered and reached out my arms so that I could hold the little spider.

-Here you go, Rhodey said and gave me Peter.

-Hi underoos! Long time no see. You missed me? I asked with a soft voice as Peter was in my arms.

Peter answered my hugging my chest tight. The lighting from my arc reactor shined through my shirt and onto Peter. Still Peter didn't seem to think it was weird. I hugged him tightly and watched Rhodey give me an amused look. But I managed to ignore it. Since the only human on earth with the right to judge me was in my arms.

-Hey underoos! Do you want some pancakes from the nice witch again? I asked.

Peter nodded excitedly. I smiled and looked towards Steve who smiled back and then looked down on Peter. I could see the love and affection he had found for Peter in his eyes. How the hell did a little kid charm the avengers this quickly?

-Well good luck Nat. We'll be back in a while, I said and walked towards the door.

But before I could reach it, I was picked up by Steve. I gave him a fake annoyed glance as he stepped outside Peter's room. Peter seemed to be amazed he was even higher up than before. Which of course was adorable as fu.....frick. I looked up at Steve and quickly gave him a kiss on the cheek. I could tell he was a bit surprised by the way his whole face turned into the tomato planet.....oh no wait. That's how he always reacts. Never mind then. After we entered the kitchen Steve put me down.

-Hey Friday get Wanda to come up here. Tell her the little spider wants some pancakes, I said and poked Peter's nose.

Peter giggled and smiled at me. It didn't take long for Wanda to literally come flying inside. She was wearing a red oversized t-shirt along with black sweatpants while half of her hair was in a bun and the rest was hanging loose. Probably just woke up. She studies high school stuff online since she never got to go to college when she and her brother was younger. Clint is all over the place about being quiet when Wanda is taking a test. Probably his father genes.

-Alright! 3 hours of sleep. I don't know how you do it Stark. But I am here. So....pancakes was it? Wanda asked.

-Wambla! Peter said and reached out his arms towards Wanda.

-I think he wants a hug first of all, I said and handed over Peter just as Clint entered the kitchen.

As soon as Peter was in Wanda's arms he hugged her.

-Hi Weirdo! How'd your geography test go? Clint asked.

-Uuggh....I failed. High school is so much harder than I thought. Maybe I should quit. I got a carrier as an avenger anyways. That's not too shabby.

-As if we would let you, Steve said.

-You're gonna finish all your studies so that being an avenger is your choice, Clint said.

-And if you quit I'm gonna be Peter's new pancake chef, I said.

-Ugh fine. But only because I don't want you to poison a child, Wanda said and hugged Peter.

....

After watching Peter eat for all of us Steve went to take a nap with Peter in our bedroom. I was about to join them when I remembered Nat hadn't come out from Peter's room yet. Should probably check on her. So I quickly rushed over so that I soon could join Steve and Peter. Nat probably gave up and is now sleeping on the floor. But as I opened the door my mouth dropped to the floor. Not only was there a bed in the room. But a desk and a wardrobe as well. And in the middle of it all was Nat, cleaning stuff up.

What. The. Fuck

_________________________________________

I probably also should mention

That this story will most likely not have regular updates. When I was doing that with Wrong number kid and high school I was pretty stressed out. So yeah....the updates are gonna be a little here and there