13

10 YEARS later

Peter

-Bye May! I yelled as I opened the front door.

-Wait! May yelled and came running out from the bathroom.

I stopped and waited for her to run up to me. She barely even stopped before she gave me a hug. I smiled and hugged her back. Ever since I can remember...May has always given me a hug before school. Simply because she knows how hard it is for me. Not with studying. I'm a straight-A student. But with socializing.

-Did you pack your lunch? She asked pulled away from the hug.

-I did. Did you eat my last chocolate bar yesterday before I came home?

-I did. Sorry. I'll buy you a new one. Have a great day!

-You too, I said and left

On the way to the subway, I listened to music like I always do. It's just one of those habits that's not life or death but still really hard to break. Plus with headphones on....maybe people don't talk to me.

....

I walk towards school still with my headphones on. Most students at my school think I'm completely mute. I don't blame them. Usually when people talk to me I'm too shy to talk back. So I just sign or use my phone to answer them. My teachers know I'm not completely mute and they also know why I prefer to sign. So whenever we have a presentation of some sort I'm always allowed to just present it in front of MJ, Ned, maybe Wade and the teacher I have in that class. All though it becomes a problem when we have a temporary teacher. Somehow they always find out I'm not completely mute and they always try to make me talk. Those times you can usually find me in the bathroom, crying my eyes out.

-Didn't I tell you not to come here? A voice asked as I'd stopped in front of my locker.

I smiled and rolled my eyes playfully before turning around to face MJ. She always tries to prank me like that. It's fun since I know she means no harm and that I can always tell it's her.

*Good morning to you too* I signed since I was too shy to talk with so many people around.

She just smirked and I turned back to my locker to grab my books. Soon I felt something light on the left shoulder. I looked over and saw a little lego figure.

-Join me and together....we'll build my lego death star, Ned's voice spoke.

I turned around excitedly. Ned had been sick last week. Sure I did call him and go over there with his homework. But I still missed him in school.

*Hey man* I signed and smiled.

-Hey Pete. So while I was sick my aunt came by and she brought a new lego death star.

*No way! That's awesome. How many pieces?*

-3803

MJ snorted

-Nerds, she said.

-Oh c'mon you've already agreed to bring pizza, Ned said annoyed.

-That's only because I have nothing better to do.

*So you're not gonna tell us we're building it wrong halfway done and then take over?* I asked.

-I don't know what you're talking about loser, MJ said.

-Wow, wow, wow. Nerd conference. Not every day you see this, Flash's annoying voice spoke.

-What do you want Thompson? MJ asked annoyed and took a step between me and Flash.

-Oh don't worry princess. Me and Parker already have a date at the bathrooms. He said he wanted to go for a swim.

I gulped. Flash is literally a living nightmare. School wouldn't be half as bad as it is with Flash here.

-Did he now? A voice asked from behind Flash.

Well this isn't gonna end well, I thought as I recognized the voice. Flash turned around and almost bumped into Wade.

-Mind if I tag along? 'Cause I've been wondering if skunks like you can fly out the window.

-You think I'm afraid of you Wilson? Like everyone else in this school is? Flash asked cockily.

Wade just smirked and lifted Flash up with his bare hands.

-You should be. Unless you wanna end up like George Collins.

-Who's George Collins? Flash asked trying to hide all the fear in his voice.

-Exactly. Now shoo! Wade said and let Flash run away.

We all watched as Flash disappeared into the ocean if students. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Wade is probably gonna get in trouble for that.

-Oh hi Ned! Glad you're feeling better, Wade said and gave Ned a bro-hug.

-Thanks. Hey wanna tag along when we build my new lego death star? Ned asked.

-As long as baby boy is gonna be there, Wade said and sent me a wink.

I blushed and turned around to get my books. Wade has always been like that. Throwing comments at me that makes my face turn to the color of my Spider-Man mask.

-He is, MJ said and I could tell she was smirking at me.

I grabbed the books I needed for my English class and shut my locker.

*I have English soon. So I should go* I signed.

Wade looked a little confused and tried to discreetly glance over at Ned for help.

-He has English now, Ned translated.

-I'll walk you there. Just to make sure "Trash Blowjob" doesn't do anything he'll regret, Wade said and hurried up beside me.

I smiled and waved at MJ and Ned.

....

I was swinging through town, saved a couple of people. Like I usually do when I'm out as Spider-Man. I told the others that I had to run an errand with May before we could hang out. So I only got to go on a short patrol around the city. It was fine though. Today seemed to be a slow day. I swung on top of a building and took a break. My eyes landed on the beautiful city beneath me. I took a deep breath and sat down. It's not often. But sometimes I do think about my past. May and Ben told me when I was younger how I came to them. I don't remember anything else than living with May and Ben. But I don't think my life before them was that bad. I mean....someone must've taught me sign. Because it wasn't May or Ben.

But who?

_________________________________________

So since both my brother and I study from home my mom thought we could have lunch together.

And I answered

"I don't know if we have lunch at the same time"

Which I kinda find hilarious. Cause technically we can sit next to each other and study. But we our lunches are at different times.

Neither my brother and I are that strict tho. We can eat during class now if we want.

But the idea of that is kinda fun