27

Wade

*....and we're gonna finish it today* Peter signed exited

Our last classes had ended and we were now outside of school. Peter just told us about how he and Bruce Banner are working on some project together. Meanwhile MJ kept sending me a few glares for some reason.

-That's awesome dude! Ned said and gave him a bro hug.

*Yeah but I gotta go now. I need to drop off some stuff at home before I head over to the HQ*

-Don't get smashed, MJ said.

-Call if you need anything, I said with a short smile.

Peter just nodded and hurried off. For some reason the three of us just stood there and watched him. Cause apparently that's realistic, isn't it author.
(A/N Careful Wade or you're gonna deal with an angsty Peter)
You wouldn't dare!
(A/N wanna bet;) )
Evil bastard

-So....I'm taking it you haven't asked him yet, MJ suddenly said.

I looked at her confused since I didn't know what she was referring to.

-Homecoming. You haven't asked him yet? Ned said.

I sighed annoyed. They both knew I had been planning to ask Peter to the dance. It was basically their idea.

-He's got a lot going on right now, I said.

-Pfft that's an excuse tough guy, MJ snorted.

-Oh you sure you wanna go down that path Jones! I snapped.

-Look Wade all I'm saying is, Peter is no baby. Sure he's got chubby cheeks like a baby but he's handling the avengers just fine. So it's time for you to get off your scared little ass and ask him to the fucking dance! MJ snapped back.

I hate that she is so right and so annoying at the same time. Ned grabbed my shoulder and I turned to him for a second.

-I don't agree with the tone but what she's saying is true dude. If you don't ask him now you're gonna have a new excuse for every other dance that's after this one, Ned said.

-Guys look. Thanks for the encouragement and scary faces, I'm looking at you Jones. But even if I do ask him, what makes you so sure he's gonna say yes?

-Oh he's gonna say yes alright? Have you met Peter? MJ asked.

-The dude is a blushing mess around you. C'mon Wade! Ned said.

-For real? I asked.

Sure I've noticed Peter blush a few times. But he's the kind of guy who blushes during a romantic kiss in a sit-com episode.

-Oh yeah. Every time you call him baby boy, every blood cell in his body is in his face! MJ said.

-Thanks guys I appreciate it, I said.

Bruce

It was Friday afternoon and I was just waiting for Peter to show up. His class ended half an hour ago, so he should be here soon. Meanwhile, I was drinking some coffee and reading the paper in the kitchen when Tony, Steve and Nat walked in.

-Ah Bruce glad you're here, Steve said.

-We need to talk, Nat said.

-About what? I asked and layed down the paper to give them my full attention.

-About Peter, Nat said.

Why do I get a bad feeling about this?

-Nat had been going through some old security footage in here. And apparently she found that ever since last week's dinner Peter has spoken freely around you, Tony said calmly

-We're just curious why that is. And why he seems to avoid us.

-Doesn't the cameras have sound? I asked.

-Not since two weeks ago...since it would give all of us a little more privacy, Nat said and glanced at Tony.

-So....do you know why Peter speaks around you and not us? Steve asked.

I get that all of them are just a little curious and want a relationship with Peter. Like I have. I get that. But the way they're asking feels like I'm being interrogated. And if Peter hasn't told them that they make him feel uncomfortable he probably doesn't want me to tell them either. But I'm the worst liar on the planet. So bad that I'm even wondering if I'm capable of it.

-Well....uh....it's....really not my place to tell you. Why don't you ask Peter about it? I asked.

-Because Peter might be a good lier and you're not, Nat said.

-Bruce we just wanna know why he only talks around you?

-Guys I really don't think I should be the one to tell you that. Maybe we could just wait for Peter to get here? I said feeling how my blood pressure was rising.

-Bruce Peter's our son. We just want what's best for him. But we can't be there for him if he hides things from us, Steve said.

-Bruce please. At least tell us if we're doing anything wrong, Tony begged.

I sighed deeply and thought about it. They were just desperate parents.

-Alright. Name five things Peter does for fun, I said.

The three of them looked a little confused at that question then seemed to think about it.

-Uhm....spider-man? Tony said.

-Lifestyle and duty, I answered.

-School? Nat said.

-Duty and education, I answered.

-Decathlon, Steve said.

-Club activity but sure. That's one, I said

Nat, Tony and Steve then looked at each other in case any of them could name more things.

-Okay you name five things then, Tony snapped.

-Play DnD, hang out with friends, watch Star Wars, build lego and computers

-How do you know all that? Tony asked slightly shocked.

-Green bean Peter is waiting for you in the lab, Friday said.

-Tell him I'm on my way, I said and put my coffee mug in the sink.

I then turned to Tony who still was awaiting an answer. And I guess I kinda owed him one.

-I had a conversation with him, I answered and left the room.