32

Peter

-Maay!! I'm heading out! I yelled as I put my shoes on.

May came out from the living room looking a little surprised.

-To the HQ? She asked.

-Uhm yeah. Nat wanted to teach me self defense, I said.

Technically it wasn't a lie. I mean she was gonna teach me how to fight to defend myself. I just didn't tell May that spider-man was involved.

-She's not gonna.....you know...

-She's not gonna kill me. She just wants me to be safe when none of them are around to help me, I said.

-Thought you only liked hanging around dr. Banner.

-Yeah....I did. But it seems like Natasha realized I'm not a baby anymore.

-Oh well that's great! May said.

-May what's wrong? I asked.

-Nothing's wrong. I'm just really tired from work. That's all, she said with a smile.

-Then you should rest. I'll be fine. So you go and take a nap, I said.

-Promise to call if you need anything.

-I promise

-Good. You should get going, don't want to leave the black widow waiting

-Alright. I larb you. Bye! I said before I left.

May

-I larb you more, I said to Peter before he closed the front door.

When he did I sighed deeply. It's not that I don't want Peter to learn more about his past family. It's just....it kinda used to be only the two of us. Now he's got a new family that he wants to spend time with. I know they said I was welcome to but I'm not their family. Peter is. I just don't want to lose him. He's all I have left. But I also can't stop him from seeing the avengers. Not on a good conscience at least.

Bruce

I was watching the news with Thor. Or he was sleeping next to me and I was watching the news. After a while, Steve walked in.

-Hi Bruce, he said and sat down.

-Hi Steve, I answered just before Thor snored loudly.

Steve sent him a confused look since Thor doesn't usually sleep on the couch with feet up on the armrest and head right next to me.

-He's not been sleeping much lately. Not sure why, I answered.

Steve nodded understanding. After all he's married to Tony. So he's probably used to dealing with a sleep-deprived person.

-Do you know if Peter's coming today? Steve asked.

-No he hasn't said anything. So I don't think he's coming here today.

-Hm.....bruce there's something I've been meaning to ask you, Steve said.

Judging by his tone. I already knew what his question was gonna be about.

-When we asked you why Peter spends so much time with you. You said that you had a conversation with him. What did you mean by that? Steve asked and looked me right in the eyes.

I sighed and broke the eye contact. He was worried, I get that. But I can't break Peter's trust.

-Steve....I wish I could tell you exactly what it is. But I can't. I'm not breaking Peter's trust.

-Sadly....I understand.

Peter

-You wanna catch these hands!? I yelled in my vine voice as I landed on the floor and showed her my fists.

-Actually....we've been sparing non-stop for the past hour. It's time for a break, Nat said.

-Okay. Thanks for training me though, I said as we walked over to the benches where we had each towel.

-It's no problem. Just happy we finally get to hang out, Nat answered and threw my towel at me since she got to the bench first.

-I'm glad you haven't kicked my ass yet, I said and dried some sweat off my face.

-Don't get used to it baby spider.

-Why do you keep calling me that?

-What? Baby spider?

-Yeah

-Wait I've never told you? Nat asked surprised.

-Not that I remember, no.

-Well....when you were a kid you had spider powers. And since my code name is a spider and you were a baby with spider powers. So one day I just started calling you baby spider. But I....I can stop calling you that if you want me to, Nat said with a small smile.

I could tell she really didn't want to stop calling me that. And it was just a name. At least she treats me like a teenager.

-No it's fine. Did the others have nicknames for me?

-I can't believe we've told you hundreds of baby stories and not mentioning your nicknames.

-Well maybe you did. But I stopped listening after a while, I admitted.

-Hey! Nat said and hit me with her towel.

-They were getting boring! Okay? I laughed as we left the gym.

-Alright, alright. But yeah. We had a lot of names for you.

-Like what?

-Cinnamon roll, squirt, little guy, Petey. I thought you weren't interested in this stuff.

-Well I don't really care about how I used to get syrup all over my face or what my favorite stuffed animal was. But....you know....learning about how old I was when I learned to sign and who taught me it, is something I've wondered my whole life.

-Well....now you know, Nat smiled.

-Yeah now I know....also I totally kicked your butt back there,  I said and pointed back in the direction we came from as we entered the kitchen area.

-Oh is that so?

-Yeah

-I think I'll have to put you in place baby spider, Nat said as she got two water bottles from the fridge.

-I'd like to see you try, I smirked as she handed me a bottle.

-Oh look who's getting cocky.

_________________________________________

Hi

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. But I was kinda tired after whumptober and it took me a while to get back to writing.

Anyways hope you liked the chapter. And don't worry about the superhusbands and the spiderling's relationship. This is a superfamily story. I will make Peter trust them. Just not yet.