eight. CHRISTMAS

viii.
CHRISTMAS

DEAR DAWN,

DEAR DAWN,

It's Christmas eve. I miss you like crazy! I wish we could spend the holidays together. I love Willmur to death, but his awkwardness and constant clinginess really makes me miss your bold, independent self. He says he's going to sneak into the Slytherin common room tomorrow morning and wake me up, which I HIGHLY doubt will happen, because we both know how much the Slytherin common room scares him.

Updates on the Weasel, he's been sending paper birds to fly around and follow me, and they're all filled with stupid comments. To name a few,

"You must be a witch, because you cast a spell on me."

"I must be terrible at Quidditch, because I'm falling off of my broom for you."

"Are your eyes the forbidden forest? Because I've gotten lost in them."

The list continues. It feels like something out of some cliché romance story or something.

He's also been caught multiple times by myself and Willmur trying to trick me into running into him somewhere. Let me explain.

Yesterday he had Lee steal my favorite quill out of my hand, which was using to write my parents a letter. Lee then bewitched it so that it would float all the way down the halls, where Fred had been hiding, waiting to 'bump' into me. Luckily, Willmur passed Fred in the hall and saw the quill in the air floating towards him, and was able to grab it and give it back to me. He told me the whole deal later. They do say Hufflepuffs are good finders.

Anyways, make sure to write to me!! I can't wait to hear all about your Christmas, fartface.

Yours truly,

Willy. (The worst nickname you've ever given me.)

Christmas day, a day for joy and spending time with your loved ones. It had finally reached Hogwarts.

Willow is woken up by a folded up note poking her cheek repeatedly. Rubbing her eyes, she groans and rolls onto her back, snatching the piece of paper from the air. Unfolding it, she immediately recognized Willmur's almost illegible handwriting scribbled throughout the page.

WILLOW WAKE UP!!!
it's Christmas and we don't want to miss
the amazing breakfast they always have!!!
Also I know I said I would sneak into the
Slytherin common room, but that place
scares me.
Waiting for you outside the dungeon!!

Willow smiles and glances around the dark room, where about two other Slytherin girls lay, still sleeping peacefully.

Willow could hardly get changed into her robes fast enough, not even bothering to run a brush through her hair. Not that it mattered much, it was so short it didn't need much attention.