nine. BRIBING

ix.
BRIBING

"BLOODY HELL!" CONRAD EXCLAIMS when Willow comes walking into the Great Hall, not wearing her usual attire of casual winter clothes

"BLOODY HELL!" CONRAD EXCLAIMS when Willow comes walking into the Great Hall, not wearing her usual attire of casual winter clothes. Winter break was coming to an end, and all the students that had stayed on school grounds were enjoying their dwindling free days. "What's with the costume?"

"Oh shut up you twit." Willow shoves her brother, but self conciously smooths down her skirt. "Yes, I'm dressed nice, no, it's not a costume."

"I'm aware. What's with the get-up, though?" Conrad clears his throat, and Willow looks down at her feet. "None of your business."

"Oh, secret stuff. I see." Conrad smirks. "You can't even tell your old big brother?"

"Nope." Willow smiles, as a scrawny brunette catches her eye a few feet away. "Anyways, I gotta go. See ya idiot."

Without even listening to his response, Willow leaves her brother in the dust, and rushes over to Willmur, sitting at the Hufflepuff table, talking with some fourth years. She taps on his shoulder, and he turns his head, his eyes bulging when he sees Willow.

"Wow. You weren't lying when you said you said you were going to 'dress well.'" He says, smiling a bit.

"Is it too much?" Willow winces, but Willmur merely shakes his head.

"No." Willmur narrows his eyes. "You know you don't have to dress like this for him."

Willow exhales the breath of air she didn't realize she was holding. "Yeah, yeah, spare me the pep talk." She smooths her skirt once again and sits down next to Willmur. Without a second thought, she grabs some food off of his plate, not paying too much attention to what it is, and stuffs it into her mouth.

"Careful chipmunk." Willmur scoffs, just as Willow feels a tap on her shoulder. Her blood runs cold and she freezes, her mouth dry from the food now about to spill out from her mouth.

"Camwon." Willow states, around her mouthful. She can hear a snarky chuckle from next to her, and kicks the legs of the person. Willmur lets out an audible 'ouch.'

"Hello, miss Chipmunk." Cameron says, a playful smile taking over his pale face. Willow sighs, and turns back to Willmur, chewing and swallowing the food as fast as she can, then grabbing his juice and taking a large swig of it. When she stands to face him, she finally takes him in. Dress pants, white collard shirt, nice-looking coat? She suddenly didn't feel so over dressed with her skirt and thick, scratchy sweater.

"Nice socks." She says awkwardly, pointing down to his royal blue socks, to match his house.

"Thanks. Nice crumbs." He responds, pointing to the corner of her mouth, which causes Willow to quickly bring her right sleeve to her face, rubbing it frantically.

"Easy, I'm just teasing." Cameron laughs, and Willow joins. They both relax, and things feel normal once again.

After a brief silence, Cameron clears his throat. "You wanna come sit at the Ravenclaw table? Oliver and your brother will be over there, as well as some others." Cameron notices Willow side glancing Willmur, who was giving her a thumbs up from under the table. "You can come too, Willmur."