twenty four. SHIVERS

xxiv.
SHIVERS

WILLOW NEVER GOT tired of feeling the rush of cold air washing over her as she leapt though the wall between platforms nine and ten

WILLOW NEVER GOT tired of feeling the rush of cold air washing over her as she leapt though the wall between platforms nine and ten. The sounds of other witches and wizards bustling about as the students were all buzzing about a new year at Hogwarts, the entire atmosphere was something that was unable to be matched.

Pushing her cart, and sticking her finger into the carrier where her cat Mistoffolees laid, Willow weaves her way through the crowd, hoping to catch a glimpse at one or two familiar faces. The first one she sees is Cedric Diggory, who was standing in a huddle with a few other Hufflepuffs. Willow sighs, secretly thanking the universe that Dawn wasn't with her. Otherwise, there might have been a bit of a scene.

"Hey, Cedric!" Willow says, moving towards the group. Cedric turns, giving her a slight smile. Willow sees the other Hufflepuffs behind him all shoot her weary looks, and she remembers the very obvious Slytherin emblem on the robes that were draped over her luggage. She sighs, trying to pull the fabric back to hide the shining green snake crest they had already been eyeing.

"Willow, uh" Cedric leads Willow away from his friends, knowing that the her presence was making both them and her uncomfortable.

"Have you seen Willmur?" Willow asks before he can say another word, and he sighs, scratching the back of his head as he looks down at his feet.

"No, I haven't. Look, I just wanted to make sure there was no hard feelings between you and me?" Cedric says, his eyes flicking back up to meet Willow's. Running her tongue over her teeth in thought, Willow waits a second to respond.

"No, Cedric. There isn't. At least, not between us. Now, Dawn on the other hand—"

"Will!"

"Speak of the devil," Cedric mutters, which makes Willow laugh.

"Hey, whatcha talking about?" Dawn Jeffery asks as she approaches the two, throwing her arms around the both of them in a mocking way.

"Just asking if you guys had any hard feelings about last year," Cedric says, not meeting Dawn's eyes. Willow raises her eyebrows in question at her best friend.

"What? Diggory," Dawn starts, acting shocked by the statement. "Come on, obviously not!"

Dawn ruffles Cedric's hair, which makes him only squint his eyes and twist his face into a confused expression. Willow couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic or not. Either way, she was biting her lip to hold back an amused chuckle.

"Really? Are you being serious?" Cedric asks, finally meeting Dawn's eyes. Dawn nods, giving him a cheesy grin.

"Of course I am. Now, if you don't mind, I'll be taking Willow to go find Willmur, our best friend."