Insomnia [Sandy]

Hi! My name's Brink and welcome to my first ever Fanfiction! This Fanfiction is related to the mobile game Brawl Stars by Supercell and uses characters and settings from said game. I hope you guys enjoy this adventure! Tell me what you think in the comments!

It was a clear and peaceful night in the dunes, for the only sounds you could hear was the crackling of fires and the gentle whispers of the sand. A perfect time to rest your eyes...

But Sandy couldn't sleep. He never could fully sleep, for his power over sand and dreams always kept him awake at night. He lay in his tent, all the dreams of his friends and family cycling through his head. They played over and over again, and they never stopped until the dreamer woke up. Sandy always thought of this "power" as a curse, but his mother Tara would say it is a gift from the stars. He'd always been told to use his powers rarely, but it's not like he could entirely control them anyways.

Sandy never told anyone what his powers really could do, and he never planned on it. If he did he knew he'd be considered a Brawler like his father Gene, and cast out of the village straight away. Though Sandy never liked the village anyways, he couldn't stand the thought of being out there alone in the supposedly ever-expanding desert.

And so, unable to sleep, Sandy left the comfort of his candle lit tent and looked up to the stars of the desert sky. They always seemed so relaxing to him, allowing him to drift off to sleep for just long enough to see the bodies of the tribal members, all in their own tents fast asleep.

Except tonight there was one difference.

He saw something else other than his tribe and the desert: He saw trees unlike the palm trees in the desert, and a large, furred animal with claws and teeth as sharp as cactus needles. And he thought he also saw...

A young boy? With that beast!?

Sandy was jolted back to the world of the woke, feeling confused and worried.

What if that boy was one of the enemies? Are they coming to get us? And if they are, then where are they!?

Questions raced through his mind as he stumbled back into his tent and grabbed a long papyrus scroll from underneath his bed. Quickly unrolling the scroll, he ended up reaching the map of the desert, which was mostly empty except for a few points of interest here and there. Though most of the tribe never went far from the village, Sandy was lucky to have one lunatic father who always used to keep track of his crazy "adventures".

Though he didn't see anything resembling the weird trees from his vision on the map, something dawned on Sandy.

What if there was more than just desert to this world?