The Cowboy, The Cactus, and The Cloak [Sandy]

The sun was bright and the sands were scorching; a typical day in the dunes. Sandy rode atop Poncho as Rob guided them through the cactus patch that was ahead of them.

Along the way they had picked up a couple of Rob's friends that had decided to tag along. One was named Spike, who honestly freaked Sandy out. He was a short cactus-man with a purple vest and brown pants, and his carved smile was unusually huge. All he did was stare at specific locations, and he didn't seem to have the ability to speak.

The other friend they had picked up was Cloak, who quite literally wore a dark hood that completely shrouded what he actually looked like. Though he rarely spoke anything as well, something told Sandy that this man knew more than an illiterate cactus.

As the group traveled through the dunes, Sandy noticed the ground starting to get rockier and more plants starting to sprout up.

"I call this area the Canyons." Rob said without looking back at the group. "There's a lot of small holes around here, so I'd watch my step."

Sandy had thought he'd seen this place on the map his dad had made. Though he remembered there being a large jagged line that led off near the end of the area, then the map went blank from there. Hopefully that crack or whatever it was didn't house any danger.

"So Rob, how big exactly do these 'holes' get?" Sandy asked their leader.

"Well... I'd say the biggest I've SEEN would have to be about the size of a village tent. Farther ahead they could get bigger though." He announced.

So that must mean he hasn't gotten that far yet... Or maybe it wasn't a crack at all? Maybe the line represents something underground...

Sandy looked up into the sky and noticed that the sun had started to rise directly infront of them. After about 20 minutes more of wandering towards the sun, Sandy decided to try something.

"Rob! Can we stop for a minute?" Sandy asked. "I think I've got an idea..."

He got off of Poncho and whispered in Rob's ear what he planned to do. He gave Sandy a weird look then shrugged. "I say go for it kid. Not much for us to lose at this point."

Sandy nodded at him and took a few steps forward infront of everyone else.

Focus...

Focus... That is the key.

If I want to do this right then I need to focus. Think of the stars..

Suddenly, the section of ground infront of Sandy started to shake, and the sand rose into the air, along with a chunk of sandstone underneath it. It floated in the air until he dropped the stone to the side of the hole he created. Sandy let go of his focus and the sand fell back to the ground.

The group was impressed by this show of power from what Sandy could tell. Rob was smirking, Spike was still smiling just not as big, and Cloak had crossed his arms, but still showed no signs of change in emotion.

I told Rob about the chance of there being tunnels under this area, and I intend to find them...

"Hey, punk, where'd you learn that from?" Cloak's hood was now down and Sandy could see who he really was: it was Crow, the self proclaimed Legendary Brawler whos stories of slowly killing his enemies had always been a big thing in the desert.

"Oh, well uh I didn't learn it-" Sandy tried to explain. "I mean I was born with it. I have a special connection to the stars so-"

"But how? When did you learn you could do this, huh? And I've never heard of you!" Crow examined Sandy then looked him in the eyes. "I think you're a Legendary like me and Spike here." He gestered to the cactus who was still smiling.

"What!? No-no-no I'm not even a Brawler! I don't want to hurt anyone, I'm only here to explore a-and to find the beast I saw in my dreams..."

"Kid... To do that, you're gonna need to fight a bit on the way." Rob said. "We aren't the only ones out here, and Brawlers will attack anyone as long as they get something out of it."

"Well, we don't have to worry about this right now." Crow looked at Sandy again for a brief second then started walking forward. "You'll learn what you are and what you have to do soon enough. For now just continue with finding whatever you're looking for."

Rob laughed and followed behind him with Poncho, along with Spike who just gave a thumbs up.

This is going to get old real fast...

As they continued across the rocky landscape, Sandy constantly stopped and lifted chunks of sand out of the ground and off to the side as Crow and Spike checked them out.

Until they finally found an entrance into the tunnels, along with a... a bear?