Preparation [Sandy]

"Sandy! Aye, Get up! It's time for breakfast, partner!"

The sleepless boy rose from the ground to the sound of yelling. Though he already knew it was just Rob the "Llama Whisperer", it still scared him nonetheless.

"Don't worry Rob... It's not like I was asleep or anything..." Sandy said while rubbing his eyes.

Rob peaked in through the slit of the tent entrance, and Poncho the llama shortly followed after. "Yeah, yeah. I know about your weird disorder, kid. Now get out here or else you're not getting any rabbit. It's the good kind too! They're nice and juicy, and the texture is so perfect you can even--"

"Alright...! I'd rather not hear your whole stupid review..." Sandy murmured.

Rob left with a chuckle and his llama followed, while Sandy slowly moved around his tent grabbing everything he needed for the journey he planned on taking. He knew it was probably stupid and the most dangerous thing any tribe member had ever done (besides his father's escapades), but he was willing to take the risk if it meant finding the beautiful clustered trees he saw in his vision.

It looked so green and alive to Sandy, yet so unreal. It was something different; it was something new.

That was why he was going to take the chance.

Shuffling out of his tent, Sandy breathed in the dry air of the desert and the smell of cooked rabbit. Around him the village was already in action. Little kids were running around playing their game of where one person slaps the other and says "You're the Brawler!", and vice versa. The adults were all rushing to the main tent, trying to get the attention of the kids and bring them with them to breakfast.

A thick wall of sandstone surrounded the village, with guard posts all along it, and a North and South gate on either side. The leader of the village, Tara (who was also Sandy's mother), was the one who decided to create the wall in the first place. Though it seemed quite useless to everyone else, she thought it was needed to keep the outside out, as well as the inside in...

The sand from the ground swirled around Sandy's feet as he walked into the main tent. Instead of eating breakfast though, Sandy decided he was going to "borrow" some food from the bakery, and bolt for the North Gate before the guards got to their posts, this way he'll have less of a chance of being caught.

Inside the main tent, a large sandstone table went from the front of the area to the back, and off to the side was a small tunnel that led underground to the storage rooms, which was also where all the extra food was kept at.

Concentrating all he could on his powers, Sandy managed to create a small shroud of sparkling sand around him, and it eventually completely made himself invisible. Creeping off to the side, he managed to get down the tunnel safely without anyone spotting his footsteps.

Letting go of his concentration, the sand blew apart at the walls of the tunnel, and Sandy slowly opened the door to the storage. Inside were stacks of loaves of bread on custom palm wood shelves, along with jars of water and wine. To the side were empty burlak sacks that Sandy decided to use to carry the rest of his supplies. He already had enough room in his pack, but he decided he might need that for something else later on.

"Hey partner? What you doing down here?"

Sandy slowly turned around to find Rob leaning again the doorway with his hand on a mysterious looking gun, a confused look on his face.

A gun? But only guards could have those! And if he's not a guard, then he has to be...

"Well uh, I was just taking some supplies over to my tent! I didn't want to cause any trouble! You see, I need..." Sandy trailed off as he didn't know what else to say.

"Don't you lie to me, kid! I heard you grabbing everything from your place like you're about to go rogue! Tell me what you're really doing. Don't tell me you're planning to go out in the desert alone." Rob stood up from the doorway.

"I am, actually... I can't tell you exactly why though. I'm sorry but it's important..."

Rob scoffed. "Well, I can't just let ya go out there alone, now can I, partner? So I've decided me and Poncho are coming with you."

"What!? No-no-no... I don't allow this, why would I ever even need you and your stupid llama any--" Sandy stopped talking after Rob pointed his lethal gun at him.

"I said I'm going with you, partner. Or else. Everyone could use a Brawler on their side, especially out there in the wilderness, aye?"