Confrontation [Nita]

Nita backed away as the three strangers jumped down into the tunnels. In her quake stance, she was ready for any sudden movements.

"Hey... We aren't here to hurt you, we just have some questions," said big hat. "My name's Rob, and this is Spike and Crow." He pointed at the cactus and the bird.

Then yet another stranger came down into the tunnels, but he was different from the rest. He seemed to be about Nita's age and was unarmed. He looked to be fascinated by his surroundings instead of wary like the others. The one called Rob looked over to the different one and laughed. "And this is Sandy."

Remember how Bo told Nita- me to speak to others...

Nita slowly began to relax. "I... my name is Nita."

Sandy finally looked to Nita and his eyes instantly widened. "You're... Wait you're a girl? I mean uh you're the one from my dream!"

"You dreamed about me?" Nita asked awkwardly.

"Yes, I think so! Where is your beast?" Sandy took a step closer to Nita, and she started to feel uncomfortable.

"Bruce? He's sleeping. In here." She lifted up her necklace for him to see.

Sandy inspected the necklace. "Interesting, so you're saying that-"

"Hey, partner, can you please stop flirting with your dream girl? I think we have a problem." Rob had his ear pressed against the sandstone wall. He turned to Sandy. "It sounds like something's comin' towards us."

Crow quickly flew up the hole and glided back down. "About 10 camelback guardsman coming from directly west." He said. "We have less than a minute until they get here."

"It's the tribe," Rob said grimly. "Sandy! Hurry up and block the entrance!"

"Already on it!"

Nita watched as Sandy closed his eyes, breathed in and out, and suddenly started moving the large chunk of sandstone back over the hole and reshaping it so it didn't fall through.

Could he be like me? She thought. Could he be an earth shaman as well?

Though Nita didn't know for sure, she had a feeling that Sandy could be important...

"Alright we gotta do something. They could be here any second." Rob whistled loudly and Nita could hear steps of his Llama running off above ground. Then him and the others huddled up together and discussed things in a whisper. She wondered what they were doing.

Suddenly Sandy came over to her and grabbed her arm. "We have to go... Nita. These people are coming after us, and if they catch us they'll most likely turn us all back into elixir."

She looked behind Sandy and at Spike, Crow, and Rob. "But what about them? Aren't they coming too?"

"No," Sandy said quickly. "They're going to stay behind and stall them for as long as they can. I came here for you because you're important. You showed up in my dream vision, and that usually only happens to things of importance." Sounds of talking and yelling came from above ground. "Look, I'll tell you the rest once we're safe, alright!? Now are you going to come with me or not?"

Though confused about this situation and worried about Bo and Leon back home in the forest, Nita felt as if she should follow this stranger. She felt as if she'd finally find her real purpose. Not hunting, or scouting, or anything boring to her like that. She was meant to be with him, wherever he was going. She could feel it...

"Nita--I'm going with you."

Sandy smiled slightly for the first time, and Nita could finally see the warmth in his eyes. "Good. Now let's get out of here."