THE SPEECH

Regina's POV

I got in the car to go to the town hall meeting. Pretty much every citizen gave a speech. Well, those who wanted to. Today on the list Snow, Emma and me were the ones giving speeches. I knew the speech I was going to give.

I hopped in the car and drove to town hall. When I got there, it was crowded. It was so crowded, people were sharing chairs! That's pretty much how it went at every meeting though.

I searched for Robin and Roland, but they were no where to be seen. Every citizen had to be here though, so I'm pretty sure they'd be here soon. Hopefully. I saw Daniel. He was towards the back.

When they eventually came, Emma was just finished giving her speech which it was my turn. My hands started to sweat. I crossed my fingers behind my back in hopes that this speech would really move them.

Here I go. I took a deep breath and stepped up to the microphone.

I cleared my throat and began.

"Hello fellow citizens of Storybrooke. I'm Regina Mills, the mayor of this wonderful town. Everyone usually thinks of me as the enemy or the villain, but in reality, I'm not any of those things. I'm just a person like you. A long time ago I lost someone very dear to me. My fiance. He was my world, my everything. But, he died. I though I'd never get over it. I thought no one would ever love me again. I thought I was useless. That sadness soon turned to anger and I abused that anger and turned evil. Evil isn't born, it's made. All of you who were victims of my past self, I'm so so sorry. What I did was stupid, not smart. Hurting innocent people just because I was hurt long ago, was not the right thing to do. For all those years I was evil. But, recently, a new person came into my life who loved me for me. He's here today. He loved me for who I am now, not who I was. I loved him back and was very grateful. That anger and sadness went away. My walls came down. The craziest thing is that that man.....is my soul mate. But, just yesterday, I made a very stupid mistake. My fiance came back. I know that sounds impossible, but it happened. I had a moment with him and my soul mate saw it. I didn't mean to hurt him. To conclude, I was once evil, but I've changed. I hope you all believe me. Thank you." I finished, my fingers still crossed.

Everyone clapped and cheered, even Robin.