Chapter Nine - Guy

"Who was that?" I ask.

"It was Lola, she said she needs to see me," James says, placing his phone in his bag and zipping up the pocket before hanging it over his shoulders, "I'm sorry but I should go make sure she's okay."

"Yeah of course."

I don't want James to leave but I know that Lola has been going through a lot lately and I hope that he can help her.

"I'm not sure I'll be back either. I was planning on staying here for a few nights but I think I should go back home. As mad as I am at my mum me being away from her won't help," says James.

"Yeah, that makes sense."

James embraces me in a hug and when it's over he kisses me. It still feels like the first time last night, the butteries are still soaring around my stomach.

"See you on Monday," he says.

"See you."

-----------------------------------

The next day I walk into my first period class, Drama. Music is more my thing, but I've always loved performing arts in general.

Our class is amazing. Some days we actually get on and do work but other days we throw a party when the teacher is away. Like today.

The lights are flashing blue, green and red, music is playing and people are dancing on the stage.

I arrived a little late today, I guess our teacher is busy because usually she stays around to supervise us to ensure that this doesn't happen.

These kids are clever though, they never get caught. They always have someone on look out to check when Miss Graham is coming back.

I dump my shoes and bag into a cubbyhole and make my way up to the lighting booth.

Amelia is helping Dominic mess around with the lights. She looks up and when she sees me she yells so I can hear her through the music, "Hey! Wanna leave so we can do work?"

"Yeah that sounds good," I yell back.

We walk into one of the changing rooms and Amelia shuts the door behind us.

I notice that two of our classmates are in here too. Jason and Ava. Jason is really smart, he gets the second highest grades in our year group, with James having the highest. Ava is quite shy around new people, but when I've seen her with her friends she's really outgoing.

Jason and Ava are twins.

"Sorry, did you two want this space?" I ask.

Amelia butts in, "Miss put us four in a group."

"Oh right... what is this group for?"

I arrive a few minutes late and it's like I haven't been here for weeks.

"Devising," says Jason, "We get to write our own play."

"Oh cool. So we can do whatever we want?"

"Not exactly, it has to be a romance."

"Oh, I see. Who will be our leads?"

"I think Amelia should be one, she's a talented actress."