Chapter Twelve - James

"So, where are we going?" asks Guy.

A cheeky grin spreads across my face, "It's a surprise."

I take a quick glance at Guy to see that he's smiling wide and blushing.

I'm not sure why, but I decided it would be a good idea to go to the lookout. It has a perfect view of our entire town.  Guy and I used to hang out there a lot. I guess since we haven't hung out in a while I thought it would be fun to go back there.

Of course there's a part of me who can't help but remember the time that Guy said it would be a romantic spot to take someone. 

We finally made it to the top of the hill, and I was panting from the walk.

Guy grinned at me as he ran over to the fence at the edge of the lookout. 

"I win," he said.

I limped over to him, "No shit."

We both couldn't help laughing. I leaned on the fence and looked over the town. I could see my house from there. It looked so small from so high up.

"You were right, this place is pretty cool," said Guy.

"You say that like you doubted me."

"You told me that the library was cool."

"It is!" I said defensively.

Guy chuckled and I shook my head.

"You know, this would be a nice place for a date. It's romantic."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right."

At the time I remember that made my heart sink. I thought of him bringing someone else there, and it wasn't a good feeling. Now though, I might just have chance with him, if I haven't messed it up already.

I regret pushing him away more than anything. Today I knew I had to see him, and I'm glad I did. I couldn't help but flirt with him and he seems to be taking it well. Hopefully that means that I haven't completely messed everything up just yet.

"Do I get a hint?" asks Guy.

"It would give it away."

"The lookout then?"

He knows me too well.

"Maybe," I say.

Guy simply chuckles and suddenly I'm the one blushing. 

-----------------------------------

We arrive at the lookout and Guy immediately exits the car. He spreads out his arms and spins in a circle, with his head tilted in the air.

"It's so nice up here," he says.

I can't help but laugh as he spins, he's never usually like this but I have to admit, it is pretty cute.

"What?" he asks.

"Nothing," I mumble.

Guy shakes his head, "Come on," he says, taking my hand.

I let him lead me to the fence at the edge of the lookout.

Guy smiles as he looks over the town. I look down to see that our hands are still intertwined. No wonder why my heart is beating out of my chest.

"Remember that time when we brought a pizza up here?"

I giggle, "Yeah and you ate the whole thing."