Chapter Ten - James

Guy and I are behind the sheds at the back of the school. I just asked him if we could talk so we decided to go somewhere private. I didn't want to have to do this but I think it may be for the best.

"What did we need to talk about?" asks Guy, concern present in his voice.

"I just wanted to talk about..." I'm not sure how to say this, "...you know."

"I don't know."

"Us."

"Oh. What about us?" Guy is looking worried now.

"Look. When I stayed at your house and we kissed..."

Guy looks increasingly worried as I continue, "It was nice but... I think that should be a one time thing."

Guy looks shocked, "Why?"

I knocked on the door to Lola's house. She opened it immediately and gave me a massive hug.

"I'm so glad you're here," she said.

"Of course, I said I'd come and I did. What happened?"

Lola released me from the hug, she had a sad expression on her face, "Chad and I broke up."

"I'm so sorry," I said, although deep down I was glad.

Lola deserves so much better than Chad.

"It's okay, I broke up with him."

"Oh. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks. I know I did the right thing. It just sucks because I really did like him and I thought that he was a good person. I guess that I was an idiot for thinking that."

"Hey, you are not an idiot. You're amazing. Chad didn't treat you right, he didn't deserve you."

"Thank you James. You should probably come inside."

I followed her into her house and took a seat opposite her in the lounge. She has an amazing house. It has colourful walls and furniture and is heavily decorated.

"How have you been?" asks Lola, "I need distracting from everything that's happened."

"Oh. Yeah I've been good," I said, blushing as I thought of what had happened between Guy and I.

"Special someone on your mind?"

I was shocked, "How did you know?"

"You're as red as a tomato."

I became even more red.

Lola grinned, "Spill the details."

"I can't say who it is. I'm not sure if he'd be comfortable with anyone knowing, but I just kissed the boy I like."

I was unsure how she'd take this. I never really came out to her before. She had always been a supportive friend however and that didn't stop.

Lola smiled, "You mean you kissed Guy?"

"How did you..."

"Again, you're as red as a tomato when you're around him."

"It's like you can see right through me."

"I can."

We both laughed.

"How was it?" she asked.

"How was what?"

"The kiss. He's pretty experienced isn't he?"

I suddenly felt a sinking in my chest as she said those words.