Chapter Seventeen - Guy

It's been a week since I last saw James. I haven't had any contact with him since. I'm assuming his mother took his phone away. I would try stopping by his house, but I doubt that would end well. I can't stop thinking about him, I'm so worried.

"Guy?"

I snap out of my trance to see Tessa trying to gain my attention.

"Sorry, I zoned out."

"Yeah, we can tell," says Lola.

Tessa, Lola, Ava and I are walking around town. They told me that I should enjoy our holiday and take my mind off of everything. I am trying, I just can't.

"Let's go to the dairy," says Ava.

Tessa's eyes widen, "Yes, we should."

I shake my head. I know that they go crazy on sugar, but there is no point trying to stop them.

We make our way over to the nearest dairy. We pass the local park and a few second hand stores. As much as people here complain about how small and 'boring' our town is, it really is a beautiful place to live. I wish it was appreciated more. 

When we arrive outside the dairy Tessa heads right in.

"You coming?" asks Ava.

"Nah," says Lola.

Ava darts in after Tessa, leaving Lola and I outside. We walk around the corner of the dairy and lean up against the wall.

Lola takes this opportunity to bring up something I had been avoiding, "You seriously still haven't told her about Amelia and Mason?"

"Nope... I'm waiting for the right time," I say in defence.

I know I should tell her. I know she probably saw it coming, but that doesn't mean that it won't still hurt. Ava doesn't deserve to be treated this way, I wish I could do something to help her.

Lola is about to protest when we hear a voice call out beside us, "Lola, there you are."

Lola whips her head around, "You say that like you were looking for me."

I'll give her credit, she's quick with her comebacks. I turn my head to see Chad. Great.

"I meant I haven't seen you in a while," he says.

He's seriously lost his marbles. I can't believe he even has the nerve to talk to her after everything that has happened.

Lola rolls her eyes, "Yeah, there's a reason for that."

Chad inches closer to her, "What did I do?"

"You know what you did."

"Really now?"

I've had enough of this.

"Look just leave her alone, she's done with you," I say.

Chad turns to me, "Why do you have to get involved?"

"Because I'm sick of this. You've picked on James for no reason for years now, you've bullied me because my mother is dead. When you were with Lola you treated her terribly, and now you won't leave any of us alone."

I expected Chad to react, but of course he ignores everything I've said.

"I meant that you should stay out of this."

I take a step towards him, "Not gonna happen."

Chad pushes me against the wall. Right now I'm praying for a miracle. I don't want either of us to resort to violence, especially not here.