The Home of Wei Wuxian

"Are you sure, Wei Wuxian? During the procedure you will have to be awake, I cannot risk putting you under anesthesia. It will most likely harm Golden Core" Wen Qing stared at him, solemnly.

He knelt on his knees, head bowed. "Please, please, please...I - " He took a deep breath, raising his head, grey eyes steely with revolve. "I need to do this. I want to. Yes." He spoke fervently.

He took a big breath and exhaled, closing his eyes.

"Very well, Wei Wuxian. The survival rate...there's a chance you might not survive, either of you."

 Wei Wuxian shoved the doubts away. "He is a Sect Leader. He needs this."

Wen Qing sighed.

"Alright." She caved, "I will get prepared then. You as well." She walked away.

Wei Wuxian was alone with an unconscious Jiang Cheng and Lotus Pier razed to shambles and ashes, his friends killed.

His brother…

Wei Wuxian looked at Jiang Cheng, and clenched his fists. 

My fault.

This is all my fault. 

He would make it up to Jiang Cheng, Jiang Chengs parents who were no longer in this world.

He would do this.

He had to.

And when it was over, he and Jiang Cheng would build Lotus Pier up from the ground. 

A Phoenix rising from the ashes, reborn anew.

As the twin prides of Yunmeng, they would make Wen Chao and the Wen

Sect pay.

 They were owed a debt of blood after all, and it needed to be returned. 

But...that was if things went well, and even if he didn't make it somehow, Jiang Cheng world forge on, he believed.

Because he believed in Jiang Cheng, in his best friend, who was akin to a lightning storm. 

His brother at heart.

Wei Wuxian would make things right again.

No matter the cost.

                             ~~~~~

Ah! Ah! 

It hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts!

Pain...so much pain…

It hurts…

                               ~~~~~

Wen Qing removed the Golden Core from within Wei Wuxian, who half conscious and unconscious from the pain, biting down on the cloth between his teeth.

He whimpered.

His half dazed eyes watched Wen Qing and the Golden Core that once revolved with him, now gone.

Removed. 

Wen Ning dabbed at the beads of sweat on Wei Wuxians face, removing the cloth from his mouth. 

"It's over, Young Master Wei, it's over." He tried to soothe, leaving after a few minutes, leaving to get a new one.

Wei Wuxian chest stared at the Golden Core that was no longer his and shut his eyes only to open them and stare fixedly on Wen Qing and Jiang Cheng, as the operation had started.