Unfulfilled

All my wishes for you might sound like the cheesy, corny lines off a teenager's love-letter... but come on, what's love if it isn't cheesy?

So, will I ever get to fulfill them? Probably not. Because I've already pushed you too far away.

But the fact remains that you're still out there. Somewhere far away. Like a star beyond my reach. Or more like a balloon that I let go by myself.

And all these wishes and wants will forever remain unfulfilled. And my unfulfilled wish has made another wound in my aching heart.

I wanted to see the rain with both of us under a single umbrella. I wish to ride the bike behind you through the rain. I wanted to sit on the beach with you and look at both our bare feet in the sand. I want you to play with my hair when we both go to a windy hanging bridge. I want to go shopping with you on the book market and frustrate you endlessly with my indecisiveness.

I wanted to come to your hometown and make you my tour guide. To travel on the bus hearing our songs through shared earphones, and debate whether the tune or lyrics are better. I wanted to fight over choosing chocolate or mango ice cream. I wish I could cook something for you only to ruin it (but I'd still make you eat it). To scold you endlessly for smoking cigarettes until I smoke one myself and you finally stop.

I wanted us to design our house together. To decide if we need a room full of books or full of music. I wanna talk endlessly over a cup of coffee late into the night in a sofa. I wanted to play video games with you and finally get so good that I beat you :P

I wanted to travel the world with you. To catch my first snowflake with you. To make a wish on a shooting star and then decide it's pointless cuz they're just rocks after all & then fight over that. To kiss under the moonlight laying on the grass.

I wanted a family with you. I wanted you to be my family.

And like my wishes will remain unfulfilled, this list of wishes will remain unfinished.

Because now, I have stopped dreaming, wishing, wanting...

But tell me... Have you ever dreamed of me?