The Lion

Steven, Nora, and the gems are in the desert, walking as a column collapse into a pile of sand in front of them. They climb up the sand pile as a panting Steven crawls behind Nora, who pants as she climbed, holding Sapphire's hand.

Steven- W-water....water...so thirsty...for water...

Nora- Steven, it'll be better to stand and walk while holding Sapphire's hand. She's keeping me cool with her ice powers.

St- But you know...that this is how...you're supposed to act...in the desert.

N- *sighs* Come on, let's get you up.

Nora and Sapphire help Steven stand up as Steven holds onto Sapphire's hand, sighing of relief from the coolness.

Sapphire- Is that better, Steven?

St- *nods* Yeah. Thanks. So is this the thing, the place?

Ruby- Yup.

In the distance, a silhouette of a temple can be seen as a sandstone column collapses.

S- The power in the structures have turned aimless.

Pearl- It's building columns with no roofs, stairs that go nowhere! This is out of control!

Amethyst- Then I guess we better...*leapfrogs over Steven, slides down the hill*...roll on over there. *chuckles*

P- That was a bit unnecessary.

A- *mocks Pearl* Nuh-nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh.

P- Excuse me?!

A roar is heard out of nowhere. Steven and Nora flinch.

St- *nervously looks around* What was that?!

R- It sounds like it came from up ahead. Let's go!

S- It's best if you two stay here. And don't worry, there's nothing out here that can harm you guys.

P- We'll be quick.

The gems head off to investigate while Steven and Nora find shade under a nearby sandstone column to keep cool.

St- It's nice to sit and cool down for a minute because it's so hot.

N- Well, it is a desert and a desert doesn't usually have any sort of shade.

Steven and Nora hear growling nearby.

St- What was that?

Steven and Nora scan their surroundings.

N- Remember Steven, Sapphire says that there's nothing out here that could harm us.

Steven then spot a shadowy figure, which glares in their direction and frightens them. They run to hide behind the sandstone column as the figure approaches the column.

N- It's a good thing this column was here.

The column collapses behind them, revealing a pink furred lion behind it. The twins fall backwards in fright and begin to panic. They crawl backwards but a sand wall erects behind them, trapping them. They hug as they cower and shout in fear. But the lion just stands there glaring at Steven and Nora. Then it yawns and collapses in front of them, taking a nap. The two notice and gets up.

St- Huh. I'm gonna try to go closer to it.

N- Be careful, Steven.

St- I will.