Faith VI | Phantom Thieves?

PROTIP: This is actually the 14th chapter of the book, but the Faith Arcana is only rank 6. I've been dragging out the story XD.

-=-=-=-=-

The hallways were noisier and crowded than usual, Yuuen struggled as she attempted to push her way through the mass of students crowding around a bulletin board.

"What's going on over here?" Yuuen demanded as one of the students quickly rushed in for an explanation.

"It's the Phantom Thieves, Morito-san!" A brown-haired male explained pointing to the board adorned with a bright red card.

"The Phantom what?" Yuuen asked looking closer.

"They say they are going to "steal Kamoshida's heart" and make him repent for all of his cruel actions." The male explained making Yuuen look at the card in shock.

"Who would write such a ridiculous joke like..." Yuuen paused, the idea crossed her mind that this was Akira's doing.

"What's wrong Morito-san?" The boy questioned her silence.

"I-..." She paused, "I have to go..."

"Morito-san...?" The boy confusingly looked as the bluenette quirkily scurried away.

-=-=-=-

The girl pushed her way through the crowded hallways in search of a certain fluffy-haired blackette.

Soon she noticed him leaning against a wall looking at his cellphone.

She didn't even give him a moment to respond before grabbing his arm and pushing him into the janitor's closet.

"Y-Yuuen?!" Akira blushed, he could tell by the look on her face that she was pissed and wanted to talk but that didn't change the context of the situation.

And how she pushed the two of them into a closet... alone.

His face felt like it was on fire.

"What the hell was that?!" Yuuen yelled angrily confusing the male.

"W-what was what?" He asked confused at the bluenette's frustration.

She pulls out a red card out of her pocket and pushes it in his face.

"Phantom Thieves?" Yuuen asked as Akira looked away awkwardly.

"I know you're behind this!" Yuuen declared as Akira thought of how he could get out of this situation.

"I know it looks bad but you just have to trust me, this was necessary..." Akira attempts to explain but Yuuen is unconvinced.

"Necessary?! All you did was provoke him!" Yuuen argued as Akira grabbed her hands.

"You trust me?" He asked making the bluenette tense up in shock.

"Y-yeah..." She looked away hesitantly.

"Then believe in me. Trust me, I'll fix this. Just give me time." He pleaded as she looked away out of embarrassment.

"O-ok..." Yuuen sighed as she let her hands drop from Akira's slightly callused ones.

Akira took a sigh of relief as Yuuen grabbed her arm defensively.

"You better know what you're doing." She warned as Akira just smiled slightly.

"Trust me." He sighed as Yuuen began to open the door.

"I do." She said just before leaving. "So don't fuck that up." She turned and left without facing him again.

Akira flinched a bit. He wasn't expecting her to curse at him.

He thought the fact that she trusted him would make him feel better but after the way, he left he wasn't so sure anymore.

Just because she's placing her faith in him didn't mean she wasn't upset.

Akira sighed once more, letting his heart drop in sync with his breath.

And just like that, he had a heavy heart once again.

-=-=-=-=-=-

"Joker!" Mona hissed blocking a shot that was about to hit the blackette, then killing the shadow in one final swoop.

"What's wrong, you seem out of it today," Panther said as the boy plopped down on a half-wall.

"Just a little nervous is all." Joker sighed holding his head with his gloved hand.

"Oh~? Is our brave and fearless leader getting the chills once we're in the final stretch?" Skull mocked as Panther elbowed him in the side.

"We're all nervous, but we have to do this. We've reached the point of no return, it's now or never." Panther comforted rubbing her leader's back as she took a seat next to him.

"Yeah, you're gonna' have to get your head back in the game, your Persona has gotten weaker because you've been out of it all day," Mona said crossing his arms.

"This isn't like you, are you sure everything is ok?" Panther questioned.

"As I said, it's just nerves. I don't know if I can afford the cost of failure... and it just frightened me a bit." Joker explained making the teammates look around in shock.

"He's right, he's already got a criminal record on his back if he got expelled he would be sent to Juvi," Skull said leaning against a wall.

"Skull!" Panther hissed hitting him again which just made the blonde cough in pain.

"Then let's not fail!" Mona encouraged standing up proudly. "We've gotten this far! Justice is so close I can just taste it! Let's do this and steal Kamoshida's treasure!"

"Yeah! Mona's right!" Panther smiled standing up and joining him.

The team laughed away the worries of their leader and soon he couldn't help the small smirk that came upon his face.

"What do you say, Leader?" Skull smirked offering his hand.

Even though going to Juvi wasn't among one of his greatest fears, the team did help in cheering him up. They were right, they had to do this.

"Alright." Joker's infamous line rolled off his tongue effortlessly as he accepted the hand of his close friend.

"Let's do this, Phantom Thieves." Joker smiled ushering the rest of the squad.

"Right!" They cheered in unison.

-=-=-=-

The team had successfully stolen Kamoshida's treasure, and he hasn't shown up to school since.

Rumors about the Phantom Thieves spread like wildfire and the topic seemed to be the only thing that occupied the students of Shujin Academy's minds.

Normally Akira would feel accomplished but there was one thing that still bothered him.

The boy looked around to the bluenette who sat behind him, she only avoided his gaze and looked out the window instead.

He turned back around.

It's been like this ever since he let out the calling card, it was only three days before the ceremony that determines whether or not Akira gets expelled.

Hopefully, he could manage until then.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Ugh, I promise it's going to be just one more plot chapter until we get back into fluff chapters!