EXTRA | Christmas Special

(Edited mildly. Hence why the post was delayed until after Christmas)

PROTIP: Sojiro says that Akira is his "nephew" to any nosy old woman who asks who the young boy serving coffee is at the shop.

-=-=-=-

"Sojiro-San, what are you doing?" Akira deadpanned watching the old man struggle to hang some garlands from the shelf.

"Ah, Kurusu. Good your here. Help me hang these up." He ordered throwing some garlands at the young high-schooler's face.

"W-What? Why?" He questioned pulling the tacky green plastic off his face and examining it in caution.

"It's almost Christmas time and we've got to decorate to draw in customers." Sojiro stated rolling his eyes before hopping off the ladder. Stretching his stiff back afterwards with a slight groan.

"Decorate?" He questioned holding up the cheap garlands that itched his fingers the longer he held them.

"Yeah, go hang that up over there by the door." He ordered pointing to the dark brown door of the cafe.

"Yeah... alright alright!" He sighed stepping up on a small stool to hang up the garlands by the door.

They worked for a awhile, Akira struggling to hang up the garlands.

"Excuse me..." a voice stand opening the door abruptly and knocking Akira off the stool and onto the floor.

"A-ah!" He screamed falling backwards onto the floor as the door swung open ripping off parts of the garland he worked so hard to put up.

"Oh, Akira?" A familiar voice questioned as Akira looked up to see a familiar pair of blue eyes peer down at him through the door.

"Y-Yuuen?!" He stuttered not expecting her face of all people to see him.

"Ppfff! What are you doing on the floor!?" She chuckled at the dazed boy as he flared in embarrassment.

"Y-You're the one who knocked me over!" He blushed feeling embarrassed from falling over in front of Yuuen.

She chuckled a bit before offering the boy a hand up to stand.

"Ah, I see you guys are decorating for Christmas." She stated looking around the lightly decorated shop with wreaths on the windows and a mini tree within the corner of the room, lit with lights and some ornaments.

"Yeah, Sojiro-san said it was to draw in customers." Akira explained standing up next to the curious bluenette.

"Yeah, but how would the customers know what's inside without opening the door?" Yuuen questioned looking around at the shiny decorations.

"I think Sakura-san just wanted to decorate for Christmas." She wiggles her eyebrows playfully nudging Akira in the stomach earning a small chuckle from the boy.

"Holy crap! I never thought about that!" He laughed alongside the bluenette girl.

"What are you two laughing about!? Stop fooling around and help me put these up!" Sojiro ordered making the pair stop their laughter and continue decorating the shop.

"You didn't have to help," Akira said watching the small girl climb a ladder to place some decorations on a high shelf.

"No, it's fine. I enjoy decorating." She looked down at the black-haired boy with a smile. "Besides it's fun spending time with you."

"O-oh." He said simply turning back to what he was doing trying to fight back the massive blush on his face.

His heart started to pound again as he pulled out a few more ornaments out of a box.