06

BY THE LIGHT OF A MOON

"You trapped her in the house?" Aubrey's laugh echoed through the tomb. A day has gone by and Elena Gilbert won't stop until Aubrey's free. There she is now, talking with Damon, with Katherine behind her.

"It's for the best. Trust me."

"Why does she care so much. I don't know how she can't honestly." Aubrey placed her hand in her head, in frustration.

"I don't know. Anyways, I bought you this." Damon dropped a bag through the barrier.

"Care package, candles, lanterns, and lunch." He happily smiled, while holding a water bottle full of blood.

Aubrey sighed, knowing Katherine would want it as well. "You know I don't like sharing. Especially, with her."

Katherine smiled, "You know you two are surprisingly calm, considering Klaus will hunt you down and kill you."

"I've been dead before. I got over it." Damon shrugged, "Once we deal with this moonstone, we'll figure out a way to get you out."

"Don't worry about me. Worry about Klaus." Aubrey said.

She knew that her ex lover was ruthless. She didn't want her brothers dead because of him. Damon nodded, walking away from the two.

Aubrey laid on a bench in the tomb, completely bored. Katherine walked over to her, bored as well, her finger running down her body gently.

"So, do they know about Klaus yet or?"

Aubrey slapped her hand away from her, sitting up. "Nope, I guess it's our little secret."

Katherine had a smug look on her face, "Mm, I suppose it is. Doesn't that sound familiar? Our little secret?"

Aubrey's mind then went back to 1894. Where Katherine and her would sneak around. No one, at the time, would allow them two to be together. It was just friends with benefits. To Aubrey at least.

"Yeah, I do. But that was over a long time ago, Kat."

The brunette shrugged, "But what if it wasn't?"

Aubrey rolled her eyes, turning away from the older girl.

"It's stuffy, and I've been in this dress for days." Katherine stretches her arms out.

"Wanna help me get out of it?"

"Nope," Aubrey said, looking down at her fingernails.

"Come on, Bree" Katherine pulling the zipper of her dress down, "Don't be such a grump."

The older vampire then took off her dress, exposing her in her undergarments only.

"We're here together. We may as well make the best out of it." Katherine put her hand on her hip.

Katherine walked over to the blonde, "Given what's going on out there, I'd say you're free to do whatever you want in here. Nobody ever has to know."

Katherine then roughly grabs Aubrey's hair and pulls their lips together. Aubrey hesitated for a moment, but pulled away.

"Calm your hormones down, Pierce."

"Not today, Salvatore. I know you this." Katherine smirked. She leaned in to kiss
the blonde again.

Aubrey grabbed her shoulders, speeding her against the wall. All that was heard was their heavy panting and the obvious sexual tension.

The blonde placed her lips on hers. Katherine kissed her back. She ran her fingers through her hair.

Katherine, wanting to be more dominant, switched positions. Now, Aubrey was against the wall. The brunette then began to pull her shirt over her head.

Moments after, their stood the two back in their clothes. The older vampire broke the silence, "Are we seriously not going to talk at all?"

Aubrey scoffed, "We just had sex, Kat. Give me a break."

The doppelgänger walked over and sat next to the blonde. "I love you, you know?"

Aubrey looked at her in shock. Not daring to speak a word.

"Not love-love. I just care for you." Aubrey sighed in relief. She knew that Katherine was in love with her brother. She was basically obsessed with him and she didn't want that. As much as she cares for Katherine.

"Even if I show it in my own not so fun way."

Aubrey laughs at that.

"I care for you too. I know that you won't admit this to anyone else. So, I won't take it personal if you deny it to someone who asks you."

Katherine smiled at that. She forgot how it felt to have someone care for her. She was grateful for Aubrey Salvatore. Always will be.

"You want to find Klaus? Well, at least know where he is so you'll have time to figure out where to run." The blonde nodded.

"Start with Isobel. She found me."

Aubrey turned to Katherine, wrapping her arms around her. The 500 year old vampire just stood there. Enjoying the hug. The two sat, hugging, in silence.

They were both startled when a bang erupted through the tomb. The duo immediately got up and walked towards the entrance. Katherine shutters in fear, "Elijah?"

"Good evening, Katerina."

And there stood Elijah Mikaelson.

"Thank you for having the good sense to be frightened."

Aubrey scoffed, "Oh, please. Katherine's just being a scaredy cat."

Elijah ignored the girl's comment. "Your release has been requested."

Aubrey looked over at Katherine confused. She looked back at Elijah, "By who?"

"Your brothers and the lovely Elena drives a hard bargain. However, we reached a peaceful agreement, she and I."

The Salvatore girl shrugged, "Oh, what the hell."

She walked towards the barrier. Slightly hesitant it wouldn't work, but she walked right through it. Katherine saw this as an opportunity to leave, but was stopped.

"As for you, however, you shall not exit until I saw so." He compelled the brunette.

"You're free to go." Elijah looked over at Aubrey.

Aubrey looked at Katherine. Fear obvious in her eyes. "Don't worry, Kat. I'll get you out someway, but it'll take a bit of time."

Katherine gulped, nonetheless, nodding. "Okay, i believe you."

Aubrey gave her one last reassuring smile, before speeding away.