15

THE LAST DAY

THE LAST DAY

Lucas' arm was wrapped around Aubrey's waist as Elijah talked too Stefan and Elena. The green-eyed girl was worried that she'd run into close soon. She knew it was bound to happen. Nonetheless, she still wasn't ready.

"Tonight is a full moon. We should assume that klaus is prepared to break the curse," Elijah warns.

"Elena said that the sun and the moon curse is fake? That's it actually just a curse placed on Klaus," Stefan questions.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline," Aubrey piped in, "The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting."

Lucas laughed at the girl next to him. Aubrey turned to him with confusing eyes, "Why are you laughing?"

"You just sounded so much like Elijah," He snickered.

Aubrey rolled her eyes.

"But it be breaks it..." Elijah ignored their banter, "He'll be a true hybrid."

Then, Damon walks in, saying, "Then why are we letting him break the curse? And how do you know so much about Klaus, Bree?"

The said girl felt as if all of the air in her lungs had been drained out. She remained quiet, ignoring Damon's lingering eyes.

He sighs, "Fine. Don't talk. Now, why all this conversation if he can just kill Klaus today. With Bonnie."

"No," Aubrey and Elena answered.

Elena shook her head, "Bonnie can't use that much power without dying."

"I'll write her a great eulogy."

Aubrey snorted, "That's rich. Coming from you."

Damon's face slightly softened, he knew what she meant by that. It seemed Aubrey never forgot how Damon could write their mothers eulogy.

"It's not an option, Damon," Elena states.

Stefan tries changing the subject, "All right, how do we break this curse?"

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know. The moonstone. A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each," Elijah thoroughly explains.

"Where do I fit into it?" Elena inquired.

"The final part of the ritual. Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger to the point of your death."