08

DADDY ISSUES

DADDY ISSUES

"You bought back John Gilbert?" Damon exclaimed at Stefan. The siblings were in the younger brother's room. Aubrey sat on Stefan's desk, while Damon was pacing around the room.

"So what, Stef? That was your big save-Elena move?" She questioned. Aubrey agreed with Damon. She despised John Gilbert with a passion. Her least favorite Gilbert.

"I went to go look for Isobel, and I got John instead. He said he could help us, and were desperate." Stefan shrugged.

Aubrey scoffed, "Not that desperate." Damon nodded in agreement, "The guy tried to barbecue me and Aubrey!"

"Damon, Bonnie's new witch friend is working with Elijah, so we have to assume that the moonstone was never destroyed. Elena is putting all of her faith into some deal she made with Elijah. I mean, do you trust Elijah? I don't!" Stefan argued.

Aubrey sighed, she wanting to yell at them about how he would keep his word. Though, she knew they would question who she knew that information. The truth was bound to get out about her and Klaus.

And Aubrey wasn't ready now or possibly ever.

Damon was finally fed up with all the information that Stefan was giving him. "Great work, Stefan. Top notch!"

Damon had already started to walk away. "Hey, I'm sorry about Rose."

That made Damon stop in his tracks, "Whatever. I knew the woman for five 5 minutes."

"You cared about her after five minutes, though." Stefan added. He was genuinely sorry.

Damon walked off, without a word. Aubrey sighed, looking at the ground.

"I know you're somewhat grieving too. I noticed you came home late last night."

"Thanks for your concern, Stefan. But I'm fine."

"You sure?" Stefan asked, not believing his sister.

"Yep." She says with a fake smile. Aubrey felt her phone vibrate twice. She grabbed her phone from her pockets. It was a text from Caroline. It read 991 NOW!

"Um, I need to go." Aubrey quickly stood up from the desk, shoving her phone down her jeans. Stefan noticed her urgency, "What's wrong?"

"It's Caroline. An emergency," Aubrey explained.