19

THE BIRTHDAY

THE BIRTHDAY

"Come on, love. You promised," Klaus gave her a pout. Aubrey wasn't having any of it. They were tracking some werewolf of the name Ray Sutton. They are currently outside his house. Just observing.

"No way in hell am I going to pretend to be your girlfriend!"

Klaus cocked his head to the side, saying, "If I recall, you said you'd do anything I'd say."

Aubrey rolled her eyes, internally cursing at herself for making a deal with him.

She huffed, "Fine. Just know I'm not going to be taking any pleasure at this."

Klaus just smirked at her, grabbing her hand, speeding them behind some blonde human.

The girl gasped in shock, "I am so sorry. We didn't mean to scare you."

Aubrey slightly scrunched her nose up, in distaste, at his American accent. God, did he sound different, she thought.

"Can I help you?" The girl asked, sounding almost out of breath.

"Yeah, my, uh, my car ran out of gas a couple miles back. We've been walking forever. Yours is the first house we'd come to."

"Don't you two have a cellphone?"

Aubrey fakes a laugh, "Both are dead. He's always on his phone. Boys, amirite?"

The human smiled, "Right."

Klaus then smoothly wrapped his arm around Aubrey's waist, "My girl is pretty tired over here. Look, I just want to use your phone. I promise I'm not a serial killer."

Aubrey held back a scoff. That's literally what a serial killer would say.

"Sure," She nodded.

"So.. can we come in?"

"No. I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you," The girl explained.

"I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting?" Klaus told her, dropping the American accent.

Aubrey sighed in relief, "Thank god. Never do that accent again."

The human gave the two a strange look, "I'm from Florida."

"Well, That explains it," Klaus vamps the human, wrapping his hand around her neck.