34: Distraction

I stepped up onto the porch just as Silas opened the front door, smiling at me as I slipped inside and wrapped my arms around him. He hugged me back with one arm as he closed the door behind me. I buried my face in his chest and we just stood in the entryway for a few minutes in comfortable silence.

"You alright?" He asked, kissing the top of my head.

"Lorraine wants to check you for viruses." I mumbled into his t-shirt.

"I know." His voice was soft and calm, "She won't find anything, don't stress about it."

I pulled back from his embrace and glanced over into the living room where the incident with Eric had taken place. The floor was cleared of blood, it looked as if nothing had ever happened. I relaxed a little more, the anxiety of the past few hours wearing off.

"I'm sorry," He whispered, stroking my face as I looked up at him, "I didn't mean to make things harder for you."

"You didn't." I insisted, reaching up to grab his hand, holding it against my face, "If you hadn't been there it would've been much worse. I don't know what he would've done if you hadn't..." I trailed off, immediately regretting bringing it back up.

"I don't want to think about that." He closed his eyes, struggling to focus on something else, "The thought of him hurting you... I can't handle it."

His hand started to shake against my cheek, his jaw clenching as he strained to control his emotions. I released his hand and reached up to take his face between my palms, his eyes opened and met mine.

"Hey, don't do that." I soothed, "Don't upset yourself. Nothing happened and nothing's going to happen. I'm done with him."

"I know," He nodded, his eyes looking fierce, "I've just never been angry before. It's so hard not to let it consume me, I don't know how to control it."

"You've got to think about something else, take your focus off of it."

"How?" He searched my eyes, desperate for the answer, "All I can think about are his hands on you. I just replay him threatening you in my mind over and over. It's taking all my strength not to go find him and..." He trailed off, looking conflicted and broken.

"You just need a distraction," I whispered, stroking my thumbs down his face as I held him, "Emotions can be strong and overwhelming, but you just have to wait until they pass."

I got up on my tiptoes and placed a soft kiss on his collarbone, sliding my fingers into his hair and pressing myself up against him. I trailed kisses up his neck, taking his earlobe between my teeth before pulling back to look up at him. His eyes were tinted with a different type of fierce now.

"Am I distracting you?" I asked, removing one of my hands from his hair and moving it down to the waistline of his suit pants.

He nodded, his gaze fixed on mine as I slipped my hand down into his trousers, stroking him through his boxers. I could feel him getting excited, his hands reaching up to pull my face to his. His lips were soft against mine, kissing me as he pulled me closer.

Before I could get too lost in his kiss, I pulled away. Grinning as I removed my hand from his pants and slipped his suit jacket off of me, letting it drop to the floor.

"Sit down," I ordered with a smile, indicating to the sofa, "Let me show you a distraction."

I don't know what came over me, I had never been dominant, it wasn't in my nature. I never felt confident enough to give orders or sexy enough to do whatever I wanted without worrying about how I'd be perceived. Never in a million years would I have imagined myself taking control with someone who looked like Silas.