one

"I need to see you

"I need to see you."

Maya glared at the message on her screen, annoyance tingling her nerves. She looked at the sender of the message and her annoyance flared. Whatever matter Hanna needed to see her for, it was going to have to wait till morning. At the moment she was busy, she had to complete the final level of her Candy Crush Saga game before she turned in her phone to her Dorm supervisor the next morning. She wasn't going to allow anyone come between her and her game. Once the week began she wasn't going to get it back till the next two weekends and her magic fingers could have worn out by then. She closed the message and returned to her game. Just as she was about a hit the 'RESUME' button another message flashed on her screen.

"Come to my room. Now!"

Maya huffed and threw her phone on her bed, then with her hands in her black hair she slumped forward in her chair, hitting her head on her desk on the process. She flinched at the pain that coursed through her temple and sat right up, rubbing that part of her temple delicately. She was so glad she was dark-skinned else it would have left an ugly red mark on her face. Hanna was just a piece of work. Now she was regretting having customized Hanna's messages to pop up whenever she sent them. She had thought that Hanna would only send relevant messages and information but it was exactly the opposite. Instead Hanna had been acting as if she had been elected their leader, purposely sending them irritating messages and managing to get on everyone's nerves.

Maya swiveled in her seat and abruptly stood up, grabbing her jacket from atop her suitcase in front of her bed. She might as well see what the cow wanted. It could be something important this time. Wriggling into it, she placed her feet in a pair of slippers and walked out of the room. She didn't even bother to say a farewell to her roommate who sat at her desk in her corner of the room buried in a Calculus book. Not that Bella would have cared anyway.

Being on the ground floor of a Dorm sure had its benefits; one didn't have to pant up a flight of stairs before reaching her room and even though Maya walked leisurely, she was out in seconds. She was just lucky to have been able to snag the spare keys for the main door from the place where the supervisor had hidden them, without getting caught. All she had to do was put them back before anyone noticed, exactly the way she had found them.

Once outside she pulled the jacket tighter and headed to Dorm 2. The chill that came with the night blew around her and the full moon illuminated the compound with a soft glow. She walked briskly through the freshly manicured grass, something she wouldn't have been allowed to do while it was day and the compound was crawling with students and teachers. But the compound was totally devoid of life, what one was supposed to expect with it being a few minutes close to midnight and she might as well enjoy her short chance of freedom and do what she wanted.

As she passed Dorm 3, light footsteps sounded behind her and seemed to be following her, although keeping a distance. Maya didn't care in the least, even though she had a fair idea of who was following her. Two other pairs of feet joined and they walked in silence past the other Dorms towards the main doors of Dorm 2.

For some reason it was still unlocked and the girls tiptoed in, making sure not to make the tiniest of sounds. Dorm 2 was known to have the scariest supervisor on campus; who knows what she was going to do once she found out that students who were not of her Dorm had slipped in at 12AM.

Atop the stairs leading to the first floor, the girls listened for any sounds before walking towards Hanna's door. Without knocking Becca opened the door and entered.

Hanna was sitting cross-legged on her neatly laid bed, arms folded, her shoulder length red wavy hair hidden underneath a satin bonnet. She had a frown on her face as she watched them shuffle into her room. "You could've at least knocked."

"You invited us, deal with it." Becca said as sat down on Hanna's suitcase, in front of her bed.

The other girls each looked for places to sit. The room was just like every other student's bedroom on campus, two student beds with their trunks and suitcases placed in from of them and two desks at the corners of the room. The only difference was the color of the walls, which were according to Dorms, and in Dorm 2's case, the walls were grey.

Finally settled, with Miley, another Afro-American, sitting at Hanna's desk and Maya sitting on it while Kellan graciously positioned herself on the suitcase of Hanna's roommate Victoria, who was under her covers, her face to the wall. Kellan gestured to her. "Do you think it's okay for her to be here?"

"Don't worry about her, she's fast asleep. And she's a deep sleeper."

"So for what reason did you make us leave our Dorms at this hour, walk through the deserted compound and sneak into your yours? And whatever it is, it better be a sensible enough reason to make me go through all that." Becca said.

"Becca." Maya scolded. "Do not talk like that. Whatever reason Hanna called us for is definitely very important, and we must hear what she has for us." She turned to Hanna with a smile, a very plastic one.

"Thank you Maya." Hanna nodded in acknowledgement, oblivious. "She's right, the reason I summoned you here today," Becca grunted at the word 'summoned'. "is definitely important and I'd like for you to listen, because it affects all of us." She paused for effect and cleared her throat, assuming the face she used when she wanted to appear serious. "You guys would not believe what I saw today."

A/N: And so chapter one is finally up. What do guys think? Don't forget to vote ⭐ and leave your comments. I'd love to know what you guys are thinking and any help or positive criticism is welcome. Can't wait to post the next part. Till then, 'Annyeong'. 💖💖💖