seven

"Oh my gosh

"Oh my gosh." Hanna exclaimed and hit Maya's chest with her fists. "You scared the crap outta me."

"You didn't have to hit me to let that point sink in." Maya complained, rubbing her chest.

"What is wrong with you? I thought you were the murderer and you were going to drag me somewhere and murder me."

"I don't have that luxury. Besides that's why we need to see you."

Hanna's brows creased in confusion. "We?"

Maya nodded. "Follow me." Going ahead she led Hanna out of the path and towards the tall hedges that decorated the behind of classroom Block C, and which also served as a meet up spot for some students. Hanna followed her around the hedges till they appeared in a small clearing where a small Bali hut stood. Sitting under it were Miley and Kellan, with Miley engrossed with playing with her hair bows and Kellan staring into space, looking as bored as ever. They were all in their nighties, their silk coats strapped tight around their bodies.

"We've got Timid Miley and Gossip Girl Kellan here. What's going on? I didn't call for a meeting."

"We don't need your permission to call for a meeting." Kellan pointed out. "You're not the boss of us."

"Okay stop it. This is not why we are here; you can return to your bickering once we're done."

"So why then are we here?" Hanna asked, folding her arms.

"We heard about Becca's death—"

"Everybody's heard about Becca's death."

"Hanna, please allow me to finish. We heard about Becca's death, and the fact that she was wearing Louboutin stilettos when you found her. Now only the five of us knew about your bizarre request—"

"Victoria was there too, remember?" Kellan cut in.

"Leave my roommate out of this. She was very much asleep." Hanna said, quickly defending her honor.

"So back to what I was saying," Maya began, annoyance creeping into her voice. "we wanted to find out from you, you know, since you found Becca and all—"

"Spit it out already, will you?"

"Was Becca the thief?" Maya finally blurted.

"What?"

"She brought you the stilettos to ask for forgiveness, right? Yes! I knew that bugger was sneaky." Maya said with unadulterated triumph.

"You're mistaken Maya." Miley's quiet voice silenced them. "Becca wasn't a sneaky bugger, that title is reserved only for you. Becca was a kind and sweet person, and I would not have you speak of her otherwise."

The rest stared at her as if she had grown another head. "Wow Miley, are you standing up for Becca? I never thought you had it in you." Kellan said, surprised.

"Well, I couldn't stand there while Maya badmouthed someone who had looked out for me. I had to say something." She mumbled, then bowed her head and went back to playing with her bows as if she hadn't spoken out a few moments ago.

"That's a first." Hanna thought aloud, then she shrugged it off. "Back to the real issue here, why would you think that Becca was the thief?"

Maya began rattling. "Well, she was found with the stilettos on her feet. So I thought that she brought the shoes as you had asked but then you got mad and murdered her, then put the heels on her and made everyone know you found the body to throw suspicion of yourself."

"Wait a minute! You think I murdered Becca? That's insane. Why would I kill her when she was bringing me exactly what I asked for? Why the heck would I turn away a pair of limited edition Louboutin Body Strass Stilettos?"

"I don't know. You tell us."

"Listen well Maya, I got a note earlier yesterday from someone telling me to meet her at the old science lab at midnight. Turns out Becca stole my note and got there before I did. She must have met and gotten murdered by whoever wrote that note. Meaning, it could've been any of you."

"What?" Maya and Kellan said in unison. Miley just looked up.

"You heard me. One of you here decided to lure me into the science lab and bribe me, or kill me, whichever the plan was. But you had Becca instead and then she knew your secret too so then you had to kill her and—"

"Wait!" Kellan interrupted, throwing her hands up in the air. "Didn't the shelf fall on her?" Hanna nodded. "Then it could have simply been an accident."

"You're bringing that up now?" Maya said in disbelief. "Hanna has already established that one of us is the killer so that cannot totally hold as a solid point. And besides, doesn't this make you even more suspicious? You're bringing up the fact that it could have been an accident when we were just starting to accuse each other. It seems like you want to deflect attention from yourself." Maya stared pointedly at her.

"Why are we focusing on only me? You're a suspect too. And let's not forget Miley; just because she acts timid does not mean she is not capable of murder."

"I am not." Miley's quiet voice insisted.

"Well," Hanna said. "now that it's all out on the open, who did it? Who killed Becca?"

A/N: So there we have it, Becca's dead and the girls just keep pointing fingers at each other. What do you think? Who murdered Becca? Your comments and votes ⭐  ( ;-* ) are very much appreciated. Till next time... ⭐ ⭐⭐