twenty-five

“Tell me

“Tell me. How are you going to kill me?”

Vicky smirked at her, and put down the crowbar. “I’ll leave this here for now. You get up.” Miley didn’t budge and Vicky repeated herself in a loud, sterner voice, “I said, get the hell up!”

Grudgingly, Miley did as she was told.

“Good girl. Now if you would just –” She turned her attention away from Miley for only a second and Miley used that opportunity to turn back and head for the door. But Vicky was faster, and she grabbed Miley’s curly hair and yanked her backwards so hard that she toppled to the ground, hitting her head. She writhed in pain from the impact.

“You’re not going anywhere.” Vicky warned and proceeded to pull her up by her hair. But Miley, not willing to give up, pushed her arm away and threw a kick that hit Vicky squarely in the face causing her to fall to the ground beside her.

Then Miley shoved her aside and run out the door. She took a few steps before she leant on the wall for support, a headache threatening to blow up her head. She heard noise behind her and the opening of the door and she forced herself to walk ahead, as fast as she could. She could feel Vicky getting closer and so walked a bit before finding a spot behind a large shelf to hide. She squatted as low as she could, her heart beating a tattoo in her chest, and shut her eyes, waiting for Vicky to pass by so she could run out and scream for help.

“Miley.” Vicky sang in a sickening voice. “Miley, I know you’re still here. Don’t make this any difficult than it already is. You know I can’t let you live. Every second of your life is toxic for me and I have to put an end to that risk.” Miley with her eyes still shut, felt a shadow pass over her hiding place and move on. “I don’t hate you,” Vicky went on. “it’s just something I have to do. You understand, right?”

Miley waited for a while, listening for any sounds that Vicky was close by. She heard nothing – no footsteps, no sound, no movement – then peeked out and caught no sight of Vicky. She was gone. She pulled herself out of the corner and stood to her feet. Vicky was probably waiting at the entrance and so she was going to find another route and get out of this place. A bubble of hope rose in her and she could almost taste the freedom. She turned back and that bubble immediately burst.

Vicky’s terrifying eyes stared straight into hers, the evil glint in them, unmistakable. “Found you.” She grinned evilly and before Miley could react, she hugged Miley and drove something sharp into her torso.

Miley felt the iron rod before she saw it. It was fast, unexpected, the pain Miley sensed when the it pierced her torso. Her legs became weak and she rested on Vicky for support. Vicky pushed it even deeper and Miley squeezed Vicky’s shoulder in pain, blood dripping from her mouth, staining their clothes. Vicky finally pulled out the rod and Miley slumped to the ground.

She lay on the ground, clutching her bleeding torso and weeping silently. Vicky dropped the weapon and straddled her, bring her face within inches of Miley’s. “I’m going to kill you, and become the heroine.” Then Vicky wrapped her fingers around Miley’s neck and began to strangle her.

Miley couldn’t move, couldn’t breathe and Vicky’s strong grip kept on squeezing every ounce of breath out of her. A few seconds more and Miley will be nothing but an empty shell. She closed her eyes, waited for death to claim her, and she could have sworn she saw a white light beckoning to her, when she felt Vicky’s grip on her neck loosen.

She slowly opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was the shock on Vicky’s face, followed by the trickle of blood from her mouth that dropped unto her face. Some strength unexpectedly rushed through Miley’s bones and she gave Vicky a small push, making her fall at her side. And what Miley saw made her hope resurface.

A/N: The story is drawing to an end. What are your thoughts? Don't forget to vote and comment. 🌸🌸🌸