➷ Not meant to be | Hīragi Shinya

深夜

Standing beside Kureto in Tenri's office, you gulped as the tension in the room only thicken.

"[L/N]." Tenri called out.

"Yes, sir?"

"I called you here to inform you that you are to marry Kureto." He spoke sternly, chin resting on his intertwined fingers. "I will not accept any objection."

Your eyes widened, lips apart.

Turning to Kureto, and practically begging for him to stop this nonsense, the male did not even spare you a glance and remained still.

Tears welled up as you clench your fists, sucking your teeth and frustrated at not them, but yourself. You couldn't do anything against a Hīragi, you never had rights.

"The marriage will be announced tomorrow, you know what to do." Tenri's strong voice boomed through the silent room.

Put up an act.

"I expect you to tell Shinya the news by tonight."

"Yes." It was barely a whisper.

¤

Shinya wrapped his arms around you as you lay your back against his chest, he leaned against the bed's headboard and brought you closer, giving you a peck on the cheek.

Snuggling closer, you enjoy his warmth for one last time.

"Shinya," You whispered his name softly, he hummed and rest his chin on top of your head, unaware of what's happening. You release yourself from his embrace, surprising him a little and sat across your boyfriend.

Concern washed over his face as he took your hand in his, leaning in and cupping your face, making you look up at him. "What's wrong?"

"I..." Your breath hitched as you tried your best not to break down. Shinya leaned closer, paying attention.

"I'm marrying Kureto." Your voice came out cracked, shaky, already trying to hold in a sob as he visibly stiffened.

"I-I'm sorry, you have every right to be mad at me-"

Shinya press his lip on yours as you finally let the tears fall, he cupped your cheek with one hand while the other was placed on your waist, gripping you firmly, not wanting to let go.

He parted and leaned his forehead against yours.

"Stop, just stop talking." He whispered shakily, still trying to convince himself that this was all a dream, a bad, bad dream.

Tears streamed down your rosy cheeks as you sobbed, you wrap your arms around him and buried your face in his chest as he stroke your hair softly.

"Let's just enjoy our last night, okay?" He was trying so hard to stay strong, for you.

Although it took a while, you finally ran out of tears and calmed down, both of you lay in bed, cuddling and talking like usual, as if nothing happened, as if the two of you are not going to break apart right when the clock strikes six in the morning.

You wanted to spend all night with him, not wasting a single second, but as the clock hit three, he insisted on you to get some rest.

"But I-"

"No buts, go to sleep."

You purse your lips, hesitant. He pulled you into his chest nonetheless, face buried in the crook of your neck and taking in your scent.

Trying your best to stay awake, you eventually gave in to the seduction of sleep.

Shinya stared into the air, eyes void of emotion.

Lone tears came rolling down his cheeks one by one, more and more as time pass by.

¤

Shinya watched as you walk down the aisle in the wedding dress that look absolutely stunning on you.

Guren gave Shinya a worried look, hell, he wanted to drag Shinya away from here, to spare him the pain.

Fragile, shaking hands took in Kureto's, you both exchanged vows.

"Do you, Hīragi Kureto, wish to lawfully have [L/N] [F/N] as your wife?"

"I do."

Biting on your lower lip harshly, a silent gasp escaped you when the priest turn to you.

Too fast, this is all going too fast.

"Do you, [L/N] [F/N], wish to lawfully have Hīragi Kureto as your husband?"

Guren clenched his fist, glaring at Tenri who is now grinning wickedly at him, a sign of victory.

Shinoa, Mitsuba, Yuu, Kimizuki and Yoichi could only look down, unable to witness what's happening. You were like the big sister they never had, always fooling around with each other, having fun, knowing the one you love is not the man who stood across you.

Shinya stood from his seat and went to the exit, not wanting to hear the words coming out of your mouth, to another man.

But it was as if God resent him.

Right before the door shuts close, he heard your angel like voice,

"I do."